Speaker ID

Don't take this as gospel, I'm no expert. But those look DIY based on (what appear to be) crossover components outside of the cabinet. Also, there is obviously a tweeter, so this isn't strictly a subwoofer. Others may be better able to estimate its full-range performance but it's clearly focused on bass performance and I doubt it's expertly designed for full-range performance (looks a lot like a bass guitar speaker, does not look like a traditional full-range hifi speaker)

Thanks! are they good for anything besides organ music?
Yes, probably. Allen used good components. They appear to be like monitor II's but the driver compliment is slightly different, and I can barely make out a "special" stamp on the back, which these may have been a factory modification. Set up, with the tweeters on the inside, they might actually sound pretty good. The tweet is an old school cts phenolic, which makes me think these may have been designed for near(er) field listening. either way, if it all works, there is definitely 100$ worth of stuff in there. IF there are two for sale. If only one, maybe make the worlds biggest center channel?

I am not sure either I think pedal as well, I am on vacation and found them on let go. They are available i will be back through there in a few days and will try and go check them out, they do have a pair of them for sale.

I ended up passing on them, we were on a road trip and I found 2 other interesting speaker sets, my first choice was going to be a pair of Cerwin Vega RE30 that needed a refoam but couldn't meet with the seller I tried a couple of times but couldn't get our schedules to match which was a shame he was only asking $40. I ended up these Wharfedale W60E for $60, I haven't tried them out yet we got back late last night, I did take the one driver out that has some kind of glue on it I thought there may have been a hole in the speaker but it doesnt look like there is a hole just a crease in the paper I am thinking it may have been leaking air? I may look for a replacement? Or try and fix it better I am not sure yet. Thanks for the help id'ing those Organ Speakers, I barely had room for these with all our luggage, my wife loved it.IMG_0580.jpg IMG_0581.jpg IMG_0583.jpg IMG_0584.jpg

Back
Top Bottom