Fidelity Research FR-24 MK2

I'm using an FR-24 MkII on a TD124 with one of those Australian heavy counterweights and an SPU-NE. It has a heavier headshell that the original FR. I added another 7g to the headshell with a lead weight for model railroad cars. It works really well.

Leonard
Hi,
Does anyone have any details of the counterweight Australian seller on ebay... I am in Australia and would like to order 1 or 2.

Its an old thread - but I figure its worth a shot

Hi,
Does anyone have any details of the counterweight Australian seller on ebay... I am in Australia and would like to order 1 or 2.

Its an old thread - but I figure its worth a shot
I am pretty sure the seller made a batch of the brass counterweights and when they were gone that was the end of it.

The chap did build to order though. I got heavier brass counter weights for both my FR-24 and FR-54.

Regards

Matt

Please let me know (PM me) if extra weight shows up.
I am watching eBay and other sites but may miss some.
Need some extra weight desperately

The chap did build to order though. I got heavier brass counter weights for both my FR-24 and FR-54.

Regards

Matt
If you have contact info for the chap maybe you could pass it on? He seems to have "gone to ground" as far as ebay is concerned.

Does anybody know how anti-skating is adjusted on the FR24 (mk2)? Also I can't find a manual in english - if it exists?

Any good machinist in your area can make a c'wt for you... and he'll enjoy the creative change from car parts.

I doubt there's much point in commenting on such an old post, with the old questions (eg adjusting the cueing) as I trust they were all solved.

BTW, how is the bearing designed? There's nothing visible on the outside, like normal gimbal arms.

And Hi, it's been awhile. The last I recall, you were still using the MMT on your new DP80 plinth, not enthused about it, and looking for better. Has it really been that long? Shame on me.

Last edited:
I know this is a FR-24 MK2 thread, but I have an MK1 that I picked up and it's unclear to me how one adjusts the VTA? There is the small set screw for the base attachment (black plastic in this case) to the threaded arm base, with a washer and nut below. I would think that the lower chromed portion of the arm base sleeves into the upper portion, but I can't find any means of attachment. Let me know if i'm missing something or if this was somehow missing in this version of the arm. Am I just loosening the nut on the underside and moving the arm up, exposing the threaded portion of the base? Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom