More then one turntable, why?

How about three? Have room in the livingroom cabinet to add my Garrard Zero 100. It will join my Dual 1229 and 1010S.

If I were allowed more than two tables I'd add a Orpheus Silex, Empire 698 and Thorens TD124 to the list, and replace my JVC TT-71 with a Luxman PD-441.... Why? Look at the pictures of them. Stunning and great performing tables. As is I'm restricted to two tables so each is capable of taking at least two arms. Eventually I'll have two on the JVC and three on the S.A.M Aldebaran. That's as close as I'll get to five tables

Whatever floats your boat I guess....

I thought it was for setting up the next record for continuous play when entertaining guests ! Get it all cued up and ready... Like how does an MC or MM cart differ in the sound of a recording and necessitate the need for two TT ?? If you like to have multiple players more power to yah. Does a certain TT sound better with certain recordings ??

Because they are all different and sound different. They work in different ways (belt, idler and direct drive) and all respond to restoration and tweaking. All my tables are used classics that I've restored. The slow process of restoring and getting to know them is probably why they stick around as part of the audio family.

I have about six here that I use in rotation. Others are 'out there' in storage. I've given away or sold others to spread the love, or the virus, depending on your point of view!

Idler drive, belt drive, direct drive. I also like fixing old tables. It's hard to explain, there's sense of accomplishment and an attachment I get to each table that I fix. I've invested myself into them more than if I just purchased them. I also think turntables are cool.
I seriously have that problem!! I always tell myself I'll fix it up and sell it, problem comes when it comes time to sell!!! I've sold 4 or 5 this year but have a hard time letting them go. Right now I have 3 that I rotate in my main system and just bought an SL D2 this weekend for $5.00. Was missing dust cover and was filthy but other than that it works great, even had a decent cart and stylus on it. If I like it well enough I may keep it and even buy a dustcover for it. And it's my first Technics as well, my other's have have been Pioneer, JVC, and Realistic.

I just sent my dad a table I restored so that he can have a dedicated mono setup. My mom says, "Well, you guys did buy me the new stand mixer so... I guess it's okay if your dad has two turntables." :D

She also said I'm in the doghouse for buying him the first one, because it resulted in him purchasing $500 worth of vinyl, $1500 in speakers, $300 in phono stage...

I mentioned reel to reel on the phone the other day and I could feel the glare through the phone. :rflmao:

Back
Top Bottom