The Not So Official Piss, Moan and Bitch Thread.

Went to the grocery last night, came out and someone had dropped a bottle of Barefoot wine right behind my car. Glass everywhere. Had to go back in the store and ask them to send someone to sweep it up. I'd feel sorry for whoever lost their wine bottle but I don't because they're rude. Lady who came out to sweep had worked in the tire business. I've never had a flat from glass but she said it happens all the time.

Got home with a $15 six-pack, bottom fell out as I got to the door and it became a $15 single beer. :(
Man, that sucks! I feel your pain brother.
Went to the grocery last night, came out and someone had dropped a bottle of Barefoot wine right behind my car. Glass everywhere. Had to go back in the store and ask them to send someone to sweep it up. I'd feel sorry for whoever lost their wine bottle but I don't because they're rude. Lady who came out to sweep had worked in the tire business. I've never had a flat from glass but she said it happens all the time.
That's just unacceptable. If a person drops a glass bottle behind another person's car, there's no excuse not to clean up the glass. Yeah, he/she spent the money on the wine and is probably upset about dropping it, but doesn't care that you might have had to replace one or more tires that cost a lot more than a bottle of Barefoot? People are so messed up these days.

Motoring along the other day...did something I NEVER do, I picked up a hitch hiker:thumbsup:...I never do this these days! The reason, the hiker was a really old gent and looked like he was on his last legs...I figured maybe his way to the hospital? So, after being in the car for a bit, he looked over at a paper bag (sack) I had in the car between us.. Had just been to the liquor store and picked up a bottle of wine.

Anyways, he asked me what was the occasion for the wine. I just told him, no big deal, just picked it up for the wifey.

He looked at me, and said with a wide grin, "Good trade!"

We both laughed:rflmao: and I dropped him off a few miles down the road closer to where he was heading.

Nice to see that some old folk don't turn crotchety in old age.

Q

Motoring along the other day...did something I NEVER do, I picked up a hitch hiker:thumbsup:...I never do this these days! The reason, the hiker was a really old gent and looked like he was on his last legs...I figured maybe his way to the hospital? So, after being in the car for a bit, he looked over at a paper bag (sack) I had in the car between us.. Had just been to the liquor store and picked up a bottle of wine.

Anyways, he asked me what was the occasion for the wine. I just told him, no big deal, just picked it up for the wifey.

He looked at me, and said with a wide grin, "Good trade!"

We both laughed:rflmao: and I dropped him off a few miles down the road closer to where he was heading.

Nice to see that some old folk don't turn crotchety in old age.

Q
Thanks for the lift, but I think this belongs in the smile thread. ;)

Thanks for the lift, but I think this belongs in the smile thread. ;)

Ya, you may be right. Either didn't pay attention when posting or the two threads were close together...dunno? Just thought to share, eh?

Tried to make a point that just getting older doesn't give ya licence to being grouchy, that's all.

Thanks for the heads up.

Q

Last edited:
Went to an estate sale today. A guy I know was cleaning up the audio gear. Paradigm speakers & subwoofers for $20 a pop. I was looking hard everywhere for any audio related stuff. I was standing in front of the entertainment center not seeing anything at there was a glass table in front of it. Didn't think to move it.
He then proceeds to move & open permanent built in entertainment center that housed the speakers and in the back found a four outlet Richard Gray power conditioner. I just about fell out. He asked how much? Lady said...$5....
Them the brakes.
I DID find an awesome 9" Conche & 12" clam sea shells. Not bad for $5.

Attachments

• IMG_20180201_102120873.jpg
    IMG_20180201_102120873.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 13
I had an old computer that I had been storing for a while, I was going to sell it. I kept putting it off. Well, 9 years later, I finally dig it out and go to sell it. I plug it in and it doesn't boot up anymore. Dammit. I'll probably fix it, but damned if it ain't going back in the closet for another 9 years first!

Sounds like the internal hard drives I kept that I was going to turn into external backup drives. They seem to shrink in size while sitting in the closet. Eventually you can get a $2 flash drive with the same capacity and you're like, why do I have this.

I had an old computer that I had been storing for a while, I was going to sell it. I kept putting it off. Well, 9 years later, I finally dig it out and go to sell it. I plug it in and it doesn't boot up anymore. Dammit. I'll probably fix it, but damned if it ain't going back in the closet for another 9 years first!

Replace the CMOS battery!

Back
Top Bottom