Vinyl only spin list

Oh, sorry, misunderstood. Actually, Roger has put out a few, also. In case you can't tell, I'm a big fan of discogs.com.

Btw, it wasn't until I went to turn it over that I realized that both sides of that Fripp album have Side 1 stickers on them. Strange.
Thanks, if memory serves, I think he has or had a place in the Grass Valley California area, east of Sacramento. I will check with my uncle but I think his band did a demo at Hodgson’s studio there? Although, it may have been a different member of Supertramp?

Probably. The notes on back say " Ten Years After with no overdubs or additives. What you hear is what happened on the night. Recorded over four nights in Amsterdam,Rotterdam, Frankfurt and Paris with the Rolling Stones mobile recording truck."
I often put this on and just play "Help me", most of side two. Brilliant.
Yes same one I found in a flea mkt for 5 bucks. Great albumn.

Lindsey? Nope, he's had a few.

So, a couple of days ago or so, I was playing Porcupine Tree's Lightbulb Sun. My father-in-law (lives with us and is a huge music fan) heard it spinning and asked about it. I told him what it was and he made a comment of some sort or another, made some comparisons, I forget exactly. Anyhow, he mentioned Robert Fripp and I said that he had played a solo or two on a later PT album, but honestly, they didn't even sound to me like they were in the same key as the song. He said that would be typical Fripp. He then asked if I had any Fripp on vinyl and I said no, because I was pretty sure that I did not. He told me that, with my interests, I should have Exposure, if nothing else. Turns out, he went and looked it up on Tidal or Spotify later that evening. Fast forward to this evening and I'm looking for something to listen to after Roger Hodgson. What do I find? This, which is playing now. Obviously, sometimes, I have no idea what I own and what I do not.

27993095829_c3bdf63acf_b.jpg

LOL You are not the only one. I bought a used US release on Discogs. It cost me 50 bucks. The seller rated it as NM but it was barely VG+. A couple months later I was going through a box of records I had in storage and found the album. It was a Japanese pressing NM and still in shrink. :yikes:

Back
Top Bottom