What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Thats funny. I'm going thru a bunch of my Elvis vinyl. Every woman I have had the pleasure with benefited from my Elvis admiration. Grew up watching and listening to him. Worked for him and me too. I just didn't bother singing.

Nice!

Elvis has a special place in my heart. My grandma was a big Elvis fan, more than the standard fan... in the 80s she had a 6 foot Elvis airbrush on velvet painting hung over her fireplace... we still have all her Elvis albums as well. My dad won't give them up yet as they are special to him but she collected anything and everything Elvis. As a small child and teen I can remember listening to Elvis on a daily basis. I now have every album. Took years to collect, I've purchased many many CDs , any and all LPs I find out on the hunt. And many many many iTunes downloads. A few years back they released his entire collection in the iTunes Store... yep, spent the $$ on a digital download... now I want urban all on CD.

Elvis is still King, and if you research his life it's quite crazy. He was a twin, was big into law enforcement, was a generous man. just a good American.

I think more people should get into him, once they do they can really see the way he influenced rock and roll.

:)

Kind Regards,
John

I have a few copies of the original and a few live tracks. :) such a great song.

Have you listened to "if I can only fly album"? Amazing album, the line he is talking about taking a line of coke but he realizes he is just to old is really telling of his younger days. The song is when old is new or something like that. I've not listened to it since his death but it's one of my all time fav albums.

Love me some Haggard, now I'm about to throw on some Judds. :)

R-206653-1284820915.jpeg.jpg

Nice!

Elvis has a special place in my heart. My grandma was a big Elvis fan, more than the standard fan... in the 80s she had a 6 foot Elvis airbrush on velvet painting hung over her fireplace... we still have all her Elvis albums as well. My dad won't give them up yet as they are special to him but she collected anything and everything Elvis. As a small child and teen I can remember listening to Elvis on a daily basis. I now have every album. Took years to collect, I've purchased many many CDs , any and all LPs I find out on the hunt. And many many many iTunes downloads. A few years back they released his entire collection in the iTunes Store... yep, spent the $$ on a digital download... now I want urban all on CD.

Elvis is still King, and if you research his life it's quite crazy. He was a twin, was big into law enforcement, was a generous man. just a good American.

I think more people should get into him, once they do they can really see the way he influenced rock and roll.

:)

Kind Regards,
John
DAMN Im proud of you. When I found music....... 1960?? 1961??? I recall sitting in my living room and had found my mothers records. im maybe 9?? 10??
I played every record she had and most of them were Elvis 45's I played all the flip sides and in a couple nights molded my mind. "Return To Sender" "Heartbreak Hotel" both stuck hard in my brain. The monster at the time was "Big Hunk O Love". Just crushed my 10 YO mind. I still love it. A lot of people had never heard this cut. Don't know why. It's never ending. Long Live the King!!!

I just recently played his interview on his military service. Really quite stunning... I have it on 45..

I have it on MP3 but I've not listened to it in a good while, I'll have to dig that up. He has a few interviews that are fantastic. If you get the time you should google a few of them. I like that he would rarely give political advise, and when asked he would respond im an entertainer, it's not my place. He was a true gentleman, nowadays we have many entertainers who think they are politicians... so so much wrong with that! I'll not get into actors/singers who think they have something to add... yet that's now the norm. I'm only in my mid 30s and I can see how my generation is swayed so easily by the famous... kinda sad actually. All that from a love of Elvis lol!

Kind Regards,
John

Back
Top Bottom