What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Nice!

Elvis has a special place in my heart. My grandma was a big Elvis fan, more than the standard fan... in the 80s she had a 6 foot Elvis airbrush on velvet painting hung over her fireplace... we still have all her Elvis albums as well. My dad won't give them up yet as they are special to him but she collected anything and everything Elvis. As a small child and teen I can remember listening to Elvis on a daily basis. I now have every album. Took years to collect, I've purchased many many CDs , any and all LPs I find out on the hunt. And many many many iTunes downloads. A few years back they released his entire collection in the iTunes Store... yep, spent the $$ on a digital download... now I want urban all on CD.

Elvis is still King, and if you research his life it's quite crazy. He was a twin, was big into law enforcement, was a generous man. just a good American.

I think more people should get into him, once they do they can really see the way he influenced rock and roll.

:)

Kind Regards,
John

Nice to know I am not the only Elvis Presley here.....
IMG_5696.JPG

These are just a few of my 45's I have others without the nice picture sleeves.
When Elvis died he was just 45 years old. Think about that a second. Had he lived being the perfectionist he was he would have caught on to the times and adjusted. With all the crazy clothes he wore then where would he have to go in the likes of Kiss, Alice Cooper, you name it?
He was amazing. I have a couple of his Gospel albums. No one does that today. No one did then. Only Elvis...

I have it on MP3 but I've not listened to it in a good while, I'll have to dig that up. He has a few interviews that are fantastic. If you get the time you should google a few of them. I like that he would rarely give political advise, and when asked he would respond im an entertainer, it's not my place. He was a true gentleman, nowadays we have many entertainers who think they are politicians... so so much wrong with that! I'll not get into actors/singers who think they have something to add... yet that's now the norm. I'm only in my mid 30s and I can see how my generation is swayed so easily by the famous... kinda sad actually. All that from a love of Elvis lol!

Kind Regards,
John

Is there a double like button somewhere??

m.gary-numan-skin-cd.jpg

View attachment 1092586

So
Am I the only person in my little city playing this?? Probably
How about the state?? Could be
Thi midwest?? Right now??? Most likely
The east coast??? No clue. They might worship this.
The West Coast??? I hope not but ya never know.
The South?? LOL !!!!!

Cant Touch this>>>>>>
Hammer used to have a big-ass mansion across the bay.

Now he can't touch it...

love forever changes.jpg
Listened to this album over the years but was never "got" it. I guess being from ripped mp3's and cassettes and an iffy CD, in a car or truck, a HTIB system.. it just didn;t impress like Jefferson Airplane or the Who did. And that's what this album is in same league, with a dose of psychedelic PF in it as well.
But found in the LRS today and its a whole different thing on vinyl and in the cans.

View attachment 1092586

So
Am I the only person in my little city playing this?? Probably
How about the state?? Could be
Thi midwest?? Right now??? Most likely
The east coast??? No clue. They might worship this.
The West Coast??? I hope not but ya never know.
The South?? LOL !!!!!

Cant Touch this>>>>>>
It's a classic for sure.... Like this

Couldn;t find the SNL skits with Hammer in them because Lorne Michaels and Youtube have a lockdown on any SNL clips.

Ok Good. I heard on the Walton & Johnson show where they completely closed a main Hwy thru New Orleans????? In the morning due to ice??
Gave me a idea. Why cant they just fill up some water trucks with sea water and wash down the slick stuff?? What the warm water dont melt the salt should chemically melt it like up here? No environmental crisis. No closing the freeway??
When I lived in Tennessee they would chemically treat the roads a week in advance of any winter precip. Here they act surprised that it got that cold! Planner have no clue and no stockpile of salt or chemical ice melt to use. The closed highway had to have been I10. There are multiple bridges and raised sections of freeway. I'm about 3 hours west of there.

Back
Top Bottom