Toshiba SA300 Balance issues

Cru5ito

Hello everyone. Just signed up after months of spying the threads as my interest began growing in vintage receivers. I got some really good information from those threads. And so finally I myself came up with an issue. I got my hands on a Toshiba SA 300 (practically free) and after cleaning the exterior and hooking it up, everything worked grear except two thing. 1) their is static when you turn the volume knob. And 2) when I move the balance knob all the way to the right, nothing comes out, its complete silence. I am new to this so any info on how to repair this would be great. Keep in mind, I am new to this so olease be patient. Thank you.

Moving to Solid state since this has nothing to do with the radio section of your receiver.

Hello everyone. Just signed up after months of spying the threads as my interest began growing in vintage receivers. I got some really good information from those threads. And so finally I myself came up with an issue. I got my hands on a Toshiba SA 300 (practically free) and after cleaning the exterior and hooking it up, everything worked grear except two thing. 1) their is static when you turn the volume knob. And 2) when I move the balance knob all the way to the right, nothing comes out, its complete silence. I am new to this so any info on how to repair this would be great. Keep in mind, I am new to this so olease be patient. Thank you.
Maybe clean the pots real good first.

Back
Top Bottom