No one wants big speakers anymore

Never understood the whole WAF thing, someone else dictating my hobby to me? Doesn't sound like a healthy relationship.

I'm so glad my girlfriend shares my passion for this hobby, she was so excited to hear some of her favourite tunes on my Wilsons.

Some of the good speakers just don't have the value of some that just aren't as good. The DQ-10 can be had cheap, or not, interesting issue with this one. The Time Windows sell cheap, too, sometimes less than a pair of advents. I know which I would want but more people have heard of the Advents. Big speakers can be had cheap at times. They just don't fit and some in the household won't allow them.
I have both DQ10's and TW1A's! Bought cheap! Sound great!

Never understood the whole WAF thing, someone else dictating my hobby to me? Doesn't sound like a healthy relationship.

I'm so glad my girlfriend shares my passion for this hobby, she was so excited to hear some of her favourite tunes on my Wilsons.

Get married and wait five years.... see if you still don't understand the WAF thing. Girlfriends and wives are two very different things.

If you have the money for Wilsons, I tihnk we can all surmise why your girlfriend is REALLY with you.

A wise man once said to me

"There is no replacement for displacement"

No discussion about big speakers can be complete without the Electro-Voice contributions

EV-Six
4 way, 18" woofer, enclosed 8" mid, 10" horn and T35 tweeter
DSC05691.JPG
The Fisher 800c is sitting on the puny Altec Model 14

Last edited:
If you have the money for Wilsons, I tihnk we can all surmise why your girlfriend is REALLY with you.

Well that would depend. Did you get that money by being a male model? Maybe she's there for more than just the money. If you got the money selling wire coat hangers... take a good look in the mirror.. :)

Oh and if it's the coat hanger one... and she's totally hot... then who cares? :)

I gotta say Tom, we have very different taste in speakers, but you do have a way with words.:biggrin:

No shit. I guess some of these jaspers just want to spend time in their pathetic “man cave” thumping their mickey.

I hate Tom Brennan, he's the worst poster on this board, and wrong about almost everything, but I gotta agree with this.

Back
Top Bottom