No one wants big speakers anymore

There are large speakers made, they just don't look like big boxes or coffins.

... except when they do.

diseheader_orig.jpg

http://www.tektondesign.com/double-impact-se.html

If you have the money for Wilsons, I tihnk we can all surmise why your girlfriend is REALLY with you.

Is it because the size of your speakers, like the size of your hands and feet is representative of the size of your ...

gloves, shoes and

Wallet

MEH - heard them - not impressed.
I wasn't holding them up as impressive in any way other than the way that, say, a 1975 Eldorado is impressive.
They're big box speakers in current production.
No more, no less.

They remind me of the old 1970s ethic of let's throw drivers at a baffle and cut a hole wherever they fall.
Lafayette'a Japanese-sourced "Criterion" brand and RtR were but two of the practitioners of that quackery. ;)

6513847-1975-cadillac-eldorado-std-c.jpg

Is it because the size of your speakers, like the size of your hands and feet is representative of the size of your ...

gloves, shoes and

Wallet

You got the wallet part right.

Also, I have zero clue why the poster I directed this comment toward actually liked it. Dude, it's an insult. Your GF is only interested in one thing and it ain't you OR your speakers.

Got rid of my wife....

If one person really likes something how can a woman that’s not your mother decide things for you ??? If a person loves you, they will care about what makes you happy. Love is not a license to put someone in their place to not allow something that they don’t like to not happen. Because equipment can be found at any price and homes come in different sizes.
Haha, marriage is for men who are tired of making their own decisions:rflmao:

I agree... if your point is my stereo gear is my mate and my wife and girlfriend my hobby...

That really depends on how much you think about your wife over how much you think about the equipment and what your going to do improving sound quality. Which do you spend more time being involved with actively trying to improve? You ever try to improve a wife...I wouldn’t think so. Therefore the premise does not exist. The only thing that should exist is empathy for what another person enjoys....

Frankly (and I can only speak for myself here) I really don't get all this '' WAF '' crap. It's not like we're going to be entertaining the rich and famous or appearing on the cover of House F**cking Beautiful anytime soon....And we BOTH realize this;)

The wife will freak out but once you stash them for use down the road she forgets that I'm a freaking hoarder of Stereo and other tinker items..
Been like this since i was little, digging in garbage cans with the friends going to school..
We found a S&W 38 once and no one got killed, it did get immediately confiscated by my friends mom.:rant:

Frankly, I'm getting sick of owning all the stuff I do. Maybe it's because I'm helping my Mom move to a retirement home and watching her deal with discarding a life's worth of "stuff" makes me realize it's just "stuff" and that maybe I need to put the brakes on acquiring things.

PS - my new Martin Logon satellite speakers are due tomorrow - but they're small. :)

Also, I have zero clue why the poster I directed this comment toward actually liked it. Dude, it's an insult. Your GF is only interested in one thing and it ain't you OR your speakers.
Am I missing some inside joke here, or have you not read @Dazaa's posts and how he acquired those speakers?

Guys - This is AudioKarma - All Audio, No attitude.
Its not a late night bar or locker room - I deleted a series of rude, lewd posts that have no point being here in General Audio.
Lets keep it clean and tasteful, ok?

Guys - This is AudioKarma - All Audio, No attitude.
Its not a late night bar or locker room - I deleted a series of rude, lewd posts that have no point being here in General Audio.
Lets keep it clean and tasteful, ok?
I was going to start a thread about the WAF thing, but feared it would descend into anarchy and get locked or deleted.

You got the wallet part right.

I liked the comment because it was so silly it made me laugh!

She knows full well those Wilsons were picked up off the street by someone, ended up at the recycling place and that I rescued them from certain destruction. She definitely isn't with me for my money LOL
Maybe it's the 75 Cadillac I'm restoring that she's got her eye on?[/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom