Who's listening with headphones tonight? To what?

Listening to the Allman Brothers band on CD and water colors jazz on XM RADIO. It was a good day to buy a couple record's and CDs today, at the local record's store there having a winter sale buy 2 get 1 free. I finally got the YES Fragile album I've wanted.

A Touch of Class: Popular Classics Transcribed For Guitar
By Angel Romero
Telarc-July 2006

71Ah13Gd-YL._SX522_.jpg

DLNA > Yamaha HTR > Akai MPC pro headphones (been a while)

Bach - Motets BWV 225-230
BBC Singers conducted by Stephen Cleobury
BBC Music Volume IV, number 8
Amazing, what wonders can be generated by human voices.

51h+dTYfKjL.jpg

DLNA> Yamaha HTR > Akai MPC pro headphones

Blue October: Foiled for the Last Time (Disc 1)
Universal Motown Records

Foiled_For_The_Last_Time2.jpg

PC-Lossless (optical out) > Teac UD-H01 (pre-out) > SybaSonic SD-DAC63106 > Massdrop Hifiman HE4XX (modded)

"Your memory, that punches me, has broken the bone." From X Amount of Words, Paul Oakenfold Remix

Last edited:
What type of music is this blue October .
Blue October is, to say the least, eclectic. "Post Grunge" isn't sufficient to encompass what is presented, and I am glad of that. At times it is a challenge for the listener. They touch on deeply personal perspectives, from my point of view. I feel like there is little middle ground. You may like it or it may make you very uncomfortable.
"The often desolate and anguished nature of Justin Furstenfeld's lyrics complement his aching voice, which still comes off as a self-aware, less pious Ed Kowalczyk, along with Ryan Delahoussaye's affecting violin." quoted from Corey Apar's review on AllMusic. Read here: Review

Small world. I went to school with one of the Furstenberg brothers and CB. CB and I were in Jazz band together. First year, I played guitar and the second year he played guitar and I played bass.

One of the guys from Butthole Surfers went there a few years before me at St Vincent went there a few years after me.

And we produced a couple notable NFL kickers.

Back
Top Bottom