Original Thorens TD160 arrives on my SHELF and asking folks questions

I have no doubt, but first would risk $6...7 at McMaster. It's where all companies in the Earth order drive belts from for any purpose. Obviously there will be no Thorens sign there :). If $7 belt fails or will not function proper, I will order Thorens belt that also can be utilized at different turntable I service currently on my list as my daily routine.

I will order Thorens belt that also can be utilized at different turntable I service currently on my list as my daily routine.
The Thakker offered stock Thorens drive belt is actually less than $32 with free shipping to the states. Save your money with McMaster and avoid being one of those owners who went ooh and ah over their Thorens only to discover later it was never up to speed on account of a sagging or a too tight drive belt. Thorens did not design that belt on a cross-brand interchangeability request basis. There's hardly a Thorens fan who wasn't tempted at some point to go down the after-market belt pit fall. Yours truly included. You're not the first, just the last so far. Listen to the good AK people and get the real deal. It really does make a difference.

Yup. The Thorens OEM belt will spin your platter at 33.33, aftermarket not so much. I tried that route and the aftermarket belt did not work causing me to chase the motor and the pulley when it was the new $7 belt.

Qaudio in Cambridge, MA has them for $30.

Back
Top Bottom