How about we all share what we are using to power our Klipsch Loudspeakers

Since joining this forum , I'm pleasantly surprised how many guys n gals own a pair of Klipsch KG4's. I've had mine since brand new in 1988 and have loved them since day one. Yes , of course I replaced the diaphragms in the tweeters and they are NOT too bright no matter how much I give them the volume. It still amazes me how much sound comes out of a speaker in this size. They sound 3 times larger than they actually are. I would also have to say that this speaker gives one the most speaker for the least amount of money. I would expect to pay at least 2 to 3 times more than what these cost in their time of production. Which was 1985-1992 , I'm sure glad I brought a pair home. I compared them to the Heresy II's and gave each a thorough listen and kept going back to the KG4. They sounded bigger and the bass was deeper and richer. I kept trying to like the more popular Heresy , however , my ears enjoyed the bigger sound stage and presence of the KG4. I truly think that those that disagree either haven't heard the KG4's and or like the Heresy's more because they feel they should like them more since they have been around for so long and are a Klipsch classic. Excellent speaker and many of you prefer the 3 way sound of the Heresy , however , the passive radiator on the back of the KG4 creates and duplicates the warmth of a 3 way speaker system to my ears. I plan on upgrading to the Cornwalls someday , when my wife can't or won't say NO , but for now , I'm very glad and appreciative to own this fine Loudspeaker System. BTW: I run the Klipsch KSW-12 Subwoofer , the Klipsch Synergy series SC-1 center channel and I have a pair of Bowers & Wilkins M-1's for my rear satellite speakers to complete my Home Theatre Speaker system. The KG4's work perfect for front mains whether I'm listening / watching a Blue Ray for Home Theatre use or listening to music in 5 channel stereo. Thanks for reading.

If I went with a tube amp ( exclusively for music listening ) how would I hook it up to my speaker set up and still have my surround sound ability?

This tube amp looks " Bad Ass " how old is it and how hard would an amp like yours be to find?

I use the monoprice amp switch to use my Cornwalls fro L&R for HT and 2 channel with tube amp. easy to use.
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=8231

I've had this 300b amp for a couple years. I think they came out around 2010. Auto biasing and sounds fantastic at 8/watts/ side
http://grantfidelity.com/images/ShuguangAudioS300MK.pdf

I power most of my Klipsch with tube equipment, Fisher, Marantz, and Luxman at the moment.

View attachment 1114946
Your system is amazing. I'll bet the sound is phenomenal. I want to try tube amp gear to power my next , larger ' pair of Klipsch Loudspeakers. I se that you even have a reel to reel , I do as well , a Sony circa 1967 powered by a Sony recording amp from the same year. I don't use that system due to where I have it stored. I wish I had a room like yours dedicated to just Audio Gear ( Heaven ) Thanks for sharing.

Your system is amazing. I'll bet the sound is phenomenal. I want to try tube amp gear to power my next , larger ' pair of Klipsch Loudspeakers. I se that you even have a reel to reel , I do as well , a Sony circa 1967 powered by a Sony recording amp from the same year. I don't use that system due to where I have it stored. I wish I had a room like yours dedicated to just Audio Gear ( Heaven ) Thanks for sharing.
Thanks, I really enjoy being able to relax and listen to the vintage gear playing tunes the way it should be, warm and detailed. :thumbsup:

If I had the room I would probably have something further up the food chain, grew up listening to pops Jazz on K-Horns and ST-70. Bought my first KG’s at the Naples NATO exchange in 1989 so I knew I liked them and they would fit so I picked up this set from a fellow AK’er to see how they would do almost nearfield. Had to do some “room” treatments and they are sounding pretty good with low watt tubes.

If I had the room I would probably have something further up the food chain, grew up listening to pops Jazz on K-Horns and ST-70. Bought my first KG’s at the Naples NATO exchange in 1989 so I knew I liked them and they would fit so I picked up this set from a fellow AK’er to see how they would do almost nearfield. Had to do some “room” treatments and they are sounding pretty good with low watt tubes.
Glad to hear that you are still enjoying them. I purchased my KG4'S brand new in 1988 , still have the original boxes , Styrofoam and plastic bag that came with the shipping.

Glad to hear that you are still enjoying them. I purchased my KG4'S brand new in 1988 , still have the original boxes , Styrofoam and plastic bag that came with the shipping.
They are literally in " Perfect " condition , not 1 mark or scratch. I did replace the diaphrams in the tweeters and had to replace 1 of the polymer cone 8" woofers in one speaker due to the rubber seal around the woofer coming unglued ( literally ) and that's all the maintenance that I have done to them. I have treated the wood as suggested from the factory with Old English Lemon Oil to keep the wood in excellent condition. I tell my wife , " It's time to give the Klipsch a drink " LOL , but serious.

If I went with a tube amp ( exclusively for music listening ) how would I hook it up to my speaker set up and still have my surround sound ability? Will the tube amp hook up to my Denon A/V receiver? If so , what tube amp would you all recommend? I would LOVE to hear what my KG4'S , Klipsch KSW-12 Subwoofer would sound like.

I'm not familiar with your Denon av, but you would need an avr that has preamp outputs. You plug your tube amps into the preamp outputs of the Avr, and then run your avr room equalizer program. You would also need a phono preamp plugged into one of your auxiliary inputs on the avr to use your turntable, and your sub into the sub output of the avr.

I'm not familiar with your Denon av, but you would need an avr that has preamp outputs. You plug your tube amps into the preamp outputs of the Avr, and then run your avr room equalizer program. You would also need a phono preamp plugged into one of your auxiliary inputs on the avr to use your turntable, and your sub into the sub output of the avr.
Thanks for the response regarding my question. I have a Denon AVR 3300 A/V Receiver and it has 8 pre-amp outputs and a " Phono " output , so , it sounds like it would be easy to hook up a tube amp. Now the question is , which and or what tube amp should I get to give me nice clean sound for strictly music listening?

The guy that I buy all my gear from is currently promoting and selling a MCintosh Tube Amp / Hybrid that might do everything I want , however , it's probably insanely expensive and I would be better off to just purchase a good quality tube amp.

Back
Top Bottom