How about we all share what we are using to power our Klipsch Loudspeakers

Thanks for the response regarding my question. I have a Denon AVR 3300 A/V Receiver and it has 8 pre-amp outputs and a " Phono " output , so , it sounds like it would be easy to hook up a tube amp. Now the question is , which and or what tube amp should I get to give me nice clean sound for strictly music listening?
Are you sure you have that many outputs? I just looked online and I don't see any outputs, just inputs:dunno:
images

Single Crown K2 dedicated to each front speaker. (two K2's for front speakers)

3rd K2 for Danley DTS-10

dbx BX-3 for LaScalas

Dynamics out the wazoo....headroom out the wazoo.

(and dead silent during quiet passages or idle time)

Do you have a pic of the back of the AVR? Just curious as I think the manual is saying the Red Black speaker terminals are outputs, which they are power outs, but not pre-outs.
That spec sheet clearly states 3 analog pre-outs that have nothing to do with speakers. One of them is an Auxiliary pre-out which I could use to hook up a tube amp.

That spec sheet clearly states 3 analog pre-outs that have nothing to do with speakers. One of them is an Auxiliary pre-out which I could use to hook up a tube amp.
And 2 analog multi source terminals. This receiver is a bad ass , for multi room capabilities. I've never used that feature , however , I will now.

Yes, it looks like you have the preamp outputs. Good stuff!

I did something like that with my old Yamaha htr. You may need to set some parameters up in the Denon though. I know mine is quite complicated to set up. There is a site where one guy translates Denon speak to English. Rat pig, or something like that.

I love my cornwalls with the 2205. I had read they were a good match, and they really are. I don't feel like I have too much power. Just what is needed with lots of headroom. I'm a believer in more power is better.

Yes, it looks like you have the preamp outputs. Good stuff!

I did something like that with my old Yamaha htr. You may need to set some parameters up in the Denon though. I know mine is quite complicated to set up. There is a site where one guy translates Denon speak to English. Rat pig, or something like that.

I love my cornwalls with the 2205. I had read they were a good match, and they really are. I don't feel like I have too much power. Just what is needed with lots of headroom. I'm a believer in more power is better.
Thanks for the reassurance of what my Denon 3300 will indeed allow me to do. I'll bet you do love your Cornwalls. After doing some research , the Cornwalls are what I'm going to replace my KG4'S with. I was considering the Forte , hoever , a representative from Klipsch Inc said the KG4 is basically a smaller version of the Forte , therefore , I wouldnt be gaining much at all. I want the next step up from the KG4 , I've had mine since brand new and are beyond mint condition. I've seen rather beat up ones on Craigslist going for $400 , so , I think mine are worth $750!! I replaced the diaphrams in the tweeters ( of course ) and they sound Fantastic. I just want to own a pair of Cornwalls , larger sound stage , perhaps?

Thanks for the reassurance of what my Denon 3300 will indeed allow me to do. I'll bet you do love your Cornwalls. After doing some research , the Cornwalls are what I'm going to replace my KG4'S with. I was considering the Forte , hoever , a representative from Klipsch Inc said the KG4 is basically a smaller version of the Forte , therefore , I wouldnt be gaining much at all. I want the next step up from the KG4 , I've had mine since brand new and are beyond mint condition. I've seen rather beat up ones on Craigslist going for $400 , so , I think mine are worth $750!! I replaced the diaphrams in the tweeters ( of course ) and they sound Fantastic. I just want to own a pair of Cornwalls , larger sound stage , perhaps?
I would like some advice whether I could possibly get a pair of Cornwalls in condition close to mine ( that's going to be tricky , I know ) or just bite the bullet and buy a brand new pair.

I just sold my Carver TFM-42 and
Carver AV-806X

Main system: Panasonic TC-P60ST60 plasma; Denon AVR-X6200W; Outlaw 5000; Klipsch RSW-10 sub; modified Klipsch Chorus II Fronts; modified Klipsch Forte II center; stock Klipsch Chorus II surrounds; JBL L20T3 front heights; Loft40 rear heights; Mogami 10ga speaker cables, Mogami interconnects; custom gaming pc

Secondary system: LG 47" lcd; Onkyo TX-NR818; JBL 240Ti Fronts; JBL L40T3 Center; JBL L100T3 Surrounds; Mogami cables; custom htpc/server.

I'll play.

My La Scalas are being driven by a McIntosh Mac 4100 - what a great combination.

I have a set of Cornwalls on the way that will be driven by a second Mac 4100 - I have high expectations for that setup.

Back
Top Bottom