Dating a Yamaha

Katalyst

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
How do you determine the manufacture date on a cr-800 receiver? Pictures of some on the net show filter switches with dual settings. The one I have doesn't. Thanks.

Attachments

• DSC00006.JPG
    DSC00006.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 25
Dating a Yamaha...
I think you mean a hot mama .... and congratulations!

or maybe not...

in that case, do not mention the great times you had with the Marantz, or the Sansui... and whatever you do, don't tell her of that time you were at your friends house and you spent a full night with the Luxman...

Last edited:
After a few dates, you want to get intimate and out comes the soldering iron and in goes the Mouser order for a full recap. Can't be much more intimate than that internal surgery.

You could read the date codes off of the caps inside. That should get you within a year or so of manufacture I'd imagine.

It was a Realistic sta 2100d that got jilted.The differences in the switching is my question. Would the transformer number tell a date? Do the serial number on these tell the year?

Interesting that it has different switching than the 800 and looks more 600 like. maybe some pics of the back panel and the gutz to show more.

Here are more pictures.

Attachments

• DSC00012.JPG
    DSC00012.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC00008.JPG
    DSC00008.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 20
Damn it says 600 on the back panel. The seller said it was an 800. My eyes are getting old.

To coin the old adage "Boy do I have egg on my face". 6s and 8s look very similar when you have eye trouble. The seller has glasses also. On the bright side, the amplifier bias and dc offset adjustments are the same for both the 800 and 600.

Glad we got through that awkward dating phase and can get on to what really matters.

And I've got a date for that unit, 1975±1 year.

I like my Yamaha's.. But.. I don't take'm to dinner or a movie. However I've been know to throw back a few biers with them.

Back
Top Bottom