Pictures of Cats on Audio Gear

One observation I've made over the years is that if you want your cat to live a long life have them live indoors exclusively. As much as cats love to go outside there are too many potential hazards out there that can end in tragedy. The last time Chubbs went outside was over 5 years ago when he was almost lost in a storm drain.

In my neighborhood we continue to lose cats to coyotes.

This is all true for humans, as well

One observation I've made over the years is that if you want your cat to live a long life have them live indoors exclusively. As much as cats love to go outside there are too many potential hazards out there that can end in tragedy. The last time Chubbs went outside was over 5 years ago when he was almost lost in a storm drain.

In my neighborhood we continue to lose cats to coyotes.

I find it depends on the cats. Growing up, we always had outdoor cats, but they were also semi-feral barn cats. Yes, we would lose some, buy my parents have two right now that are 10 years old and doing fine. Well... one of them is doing fine. The other one seems to keep getting into scraps and such but he is still alive an kicking. There are coyotes around here and the raccoons can be mean. That being said, if these were cats from a pet store or something like that, then no, they would not do so well outside.

I find it depends on the cats. Growing up, we always had outdoor cats, but they were also semi-feral barn cats. Yes, we would lose some, buy my parents have two right now that are 10 years old and doing fine. Well... one of them is doing fine. The other one seems to keep getting into scraps and such but he is still alive an kicking. There are coyotes around here and the raccoons can be mean. That being said, if these were cats from a pet store or something like that, then no, they would not do so well outside.

And so much depends on where you live.

I live in Harbison Forest and my neighbor's small cat was almost carried off by a great horned owl which left talon gashes on it's back. Everyday I see missing cat posters in my subdivision and most are never found as they became meals for the resident coyotes. For several years we had a large colony of feral cats which were fed, trapped, neutered and released. Now they've all disappeared.

The coyotes have run out of dinner. Here got to look out for hawks. Been going after the small bird population. One the other week had gotten one in my driveway as I got home.

So er... you think I do not fit...

z0vduEn.jpg

To quote a classic meme: 'If it fits, I sits!' Beautiful markings on your kitty--is he/she a purebred of some kind?

Back
Top Bottom