want to go where jeeps and argos fear to tread

Ha! Sounds like that Ripsaw has a built Big Block Chevy in it...... I think the first one, had a Duramax in it. The only vehicle, I've seen (online) that I thought could possibly out do the Ripsaw was from an Eastern European country. It was built for water in addition to land.

Its worthless as an off road toy. Its top speed is 27.9mph and its 99.21" wide so in the USA that means that its to slow for the road so would have to travel to where ever the fun begins on a trailer. And then its to wide to haul without a wide load sign and in most places a wide load permit. So every time you want to move it here in Oregon you would have to contact the state for a permit pay for the permit and then travel only on the designated route. I'll stick with my 48 Willys Jeep fits in a DQ drive through and can haul my butt around at 60mph from one end of the country to the other. And it can only climb a 35 degree hill. A stock WIllys jeep with normal load can climb a 65 degree hill side hill about 30 degrees. So not for me Lottery or not.

And my lil' Indian mini bike I had when I was 13 would do 35mph no sweat.

Saw the Sherp in action recently. On it's ideal terrain, it's quite impressive.

Simply put, it operates with the ground pressure of a medium length tracked vehicle with none of the caveats of tracks. It will navigate terrain that more conventional wheels and tires cannot. Swampy, marshy type areas are where it really shines, as well as delicate terrain.

Unfortunately, where i live i would have to echo many of Mark W's points above.

I could drive the Sherp around my town.

They allow golf carts and Rascal scooters. Just put a reflective triangle on them, per state law.

They'd stop me from doing it if I was to run over one of the Rascals.

The city gov't even sold a few cool 4x4 Suzuki micro flat bed trucks to citizens. They allow those.

We have quite a few of those small trucks in my town.Street legal,660cc motorcycle 4 stroke engine and most are 4x4.Being from Japan most if not 99 percent are right hand drive.Most guys around here use them as cheap hunting rigs .Lets say 10 grand plus for atv and they were 5 g or less.

When I want to go offroading,I'll borrow my buddy's Pinzgauer. (internet pic)

pinzgauer.jpg

years ago, when playing furniture mover with my stepdad for bekins, we moved a guy from chicago that had an 'auto mule' from puch-damlier. it had a 2 cyl engine, was about the size of a suzuki mini truck and had 70% gradeability (with no roll bars!)

I think he said it was used in argentina or brazil is where he got his. around this time frame (1984ish) it was entered in vday parades, anything with military.

I've always had a sweet spot for the classic Unimog.

Note these bad boys have PTO shafts front and rear, you can use a very heavy duty winch all day long with no load on the electrical system/battery. It can pull itself up a mountain.

1519753783f903cb8263151918548565ef66e7dff9f9876RT-FRT-Corner-3-1-940x622.jpg

4456518_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom