What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Well, one strange thing that happened while I was sick was my NAS/Ripper died on me. No longer works and I opted not to ship it back to the UK to get it repaired, so it sits on a shelf as a decoration now. Luckily, I made several back ups of the 2.5 TB of music on it. So, if anyone is a computer genius and can pull the music out of the hard drive, you can have it! Drop me a PM.
Give Blitz a call.

87sbn07tqjl9.jpg

Jerry Goodman & Jan Hammer • Like Children

Time to spin a long time favorite

Well, one strange thing that happened while I was sick was my NAS/Ripper died on me. No longer works and I opted not to ship it back to the UK to get it repaired, so it sits on a shelf as a decoration now. Luckily, I made several back ups of the 2.5 TB of music on it. So, if anyone is a computer genius and can pull the music out of the hard drive, you can have it! Drop me a PM.

that is a ton of music, o if i knew what i was doing i would be all over that offer. but i do not, boooooooooo

DEBT & DEPARTURE--Those Bastard Souls

This one is going with me when I die. Released in 1999, this, imho, is one of the best indie releases ever. The genius behind this recording is David Shouse, who was the leader of indie band THE GRIFTERS. This was supposed to be a side project for Shouse and it turned into a masterpiece. If you see this in your record seeking trips, scoop it up immediately. I wouldn't lie to you.

1999 on the V2 label

I do like your choices above, and even though I'm not much of a Steven Wilson fan, I can certainly see and hear your points very clearly.
For another flavor of great try some of the RCA recordings made by Wilma Cozart Fine, or Lewis Layton during the mid to late fifties. I think the fidelity and dynamic range on the Living Stereo series has to be heard to be believed.
These recordings of Fritz Reiner and The Chicago Symphony are amazing especially considering they had to rebuild the original Western Electric and RCA gear to transfer these to CD. The tapes had only three tracks of Nuemann mics. What they pulled out of oxidized tape and 70 year old rebuilt gear is unbelievable.
View attachment 1117995
I absolutely agree with you. I do not have direct experience with the Fritz Reiner recordings but I have sampled other Living Stereo series albums and I was always impressed with their clarity and dynamics. Thanks for alerting me about Fritz Reiner, I will have to seek these out. Do you think the cd box sets sound on par with the vinyl recordings? I've been tempted in getting the cd box sets (there are three, I believe).

Back
Top Bottom