What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

View attachment 1118002

Cheers Rob! Glad you recovered! Don’t believe we met. I’m Brian glad to know ya! :)
Nice to meet you, too, Brian. From Steeltown? I've been to Pittsburgh a number of times for business. A nice place with good food and brew! Love your moniker, XRaySpex. They were a great punk band back in the heyday of that genre. May have to pull out the old cd and give a listen-it's been awhile for sure. My favorite punk band is Fear. " New York's Alright If You Love Saxophones" is a classic, imo. Thanks for the kind words, brother!

mdcks0udfend.jpg

66jj3978txg3.jpg

The Move • Message From The Country

You deserve the love, ya big palooka.:thumbsup:

I sort of listened to this earlier today before heading outside to do some chores... I forgot how good this album is.

Listening to the MFSL version of it again, this time on headphones. Excellent 80's music and great sound quality.

(1986) Steve Winwood - Back In The High Life [MFSL UDCD 611]

cover.jpg back.jpg

DEBT & DEPARTURE--Those Bastard Souls

This one is going with me when I die. Released in 1999, this, imho, is one of the best indie releases ever. The genius behind this recording is David Shouse, who was the leader of indie band THE GRIFTERS. This was supposed to be a side project for Shouse and it turned into a masterpiece. If you see this in your record seeking trips, scoop it up immediately. I wouldn't lie to you.

1999 on the V2 label

Did I also mention that this is one of the best sounding cd's I own. Shouse sounds like he's right in the room with you. And, yes, there are violins.

Nice to meet you, too, Brian. From Steeltown? I've been to Pittsburgh a number of times for business. A nice place with good food and brew! Love your moniker, XRaySpex. They were a great punk band back in the heyday of that genre. May have to pull out the old cd and give a listen-it's been awhile for sure. My favorite punk band is Fear. " New York's Alright If You Love Saxophones" is a classic, imo. Thanks for the kind words, brother!

Thanks Rob. That is exactly where my moniker came from. Yes!!!! Fear was awesome!

that is a ton of music, o if i knew what i was doing i would be all over that offer. but i do not, boooooooooo
Hi Jim, Yeah, I am a music HOG!! That does not include the other 2 TBs of music I have on my other drives. I once posted a picture of my listening room and everyone on this thread thought I needed therapy because of my floor to ceiling shelves of CDs. As the old saying goes 'What were once vices are now habits". :dunno: Well, if someone can hack the hard drive and download the music files, sure it is a great deal. All Flac files to boot. I am no computer wiz, so it is beyond my computer know-how.:(

Weird. I just got the exact same model yesterday and have been posting about it here. I just moved it into the quad rack so I will be ready to try multichannel when the first SACD I ordered arrives. Hard to see here, it's above the Pioneer that sits lower left.
View attachment 1118003
Yeah, I know, wretched excess, but it works for me. The kids can have a sale when I'm gone.

Cool!
Nice rack.
Is that a modified computer server rack?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom