Kenwood 600 help

Gwydion11

AK Member
Hey everyone,
After providing years of great sound my 600 amp isn’t working. I’d like to have it properly rebuilt to at least original capabilities. I remember at least one member doing quality rebuilds. Does anyone have a recommendation? Thanks all

After rebuilding a 600 that I bought from a pawn shop, I can tell you, these are not easy amps to work on. They are very difficult to get into and replace all of the electrolytics. You will need to find someone with specific experience rebuilding these amps. They are worthy of a rebuild. Hopjohn is the expert here on these amps, but I don't think he is a guy in the business of repairing. Search for his instruction and parts suggestions. If you find someone with the dedication to complete this job it is probably going to be expensive. A lot of hours involved here. Oh, after listening to this amp with a QUALITY input driving a variety of speakers, I think it is right up there as one of the best I have ever had in my systems.

Actually I do. I took a hiatus last year to work on my own things. I reached out to the OP for a restore, but haven't heard back yet. Thanks.

Greetings: I have a 600 just begging for a restore, I’m afraid to have any local shops digging into it. So it sits.

Actually I do. I took a hiatus last year to work on my own things. I reached out to the OP for a restore, but haven't heard back yet. Thanks.
Hey, sorry for the delay. Had some family drama that distracted me for some time. My wife’s sister died suddenly, and there was a lot to manage. I started a conversation with you. Let me know what you think.

Back
Top Bottom