What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

May I ask...what did you luck into?
Very early pressings of many over the years, When I sold records in the 70's and 80's we purchased from a master distributor in the Midwest who always got records in first. I now notice that many of my records that came from that era, and through that distributor have early deadwaxx markings. Didn't know squat about runout info as we only sold new albums. It was enough work keeping the "Phonolog" updated and selling CB radios, and honestly back then I had never heard of deadwax markings. Therefore I'd say that I lucked into most of them. Most of my records of that period came from them. Its sad that some jackets were ruined in the great Flood of 1993, but when I bought a RCM the vinyl cleaned up nicely.
Too many to list but a few highlights .
Dreamboat Annie by Heart -
First two Bostons with awesome SQ
Several Styx albums that are very nice, especially Crystal Ball
Santana 3
Now & Zen by Robert Plant- a first press
Hey Jude & Let it Be albums by The Beatles
When I got back into vinyl about 10 years ago, I found a local record emporium here in KC whose albums were mostly first rate. My very early pressing of It's A Beautiful Day is an example from there, A German pressed Ry Cooder "Borderline" is very fine sounding "The Pretender" by Jackson Browne are a couple more examples. When I bought the Beatles 2012 reissues, I read about all the early teething problems and waited a few months to buy mine and luckily the product improved. Several of the Pink Floyd remasters have been just excellent. Wish You Were Hear is close to my original German press. My reissue copy of Meddle is true ear candy. Dozen of newer and reissued vinyl I have bought from Amazon are very nice. If they are not, I either get them swapped out or refunded. I live close to a UPS store so it is on my way to work. After the Dire Straits box set sold out I was able to pick up a 2 LP version of "On Every Street" that is sublime. "BTW that box set is being repressed and available again March 30th. Lucked into a Very Nice German Pressed "Toulouse Street' by the Doobs. The recent Tangerine Dream album 'Quantum Gate" is one of my most powerful and bold albums I have. Hope your tired of reading cause I'm tired of typing. :D

Later Willie

That's a load o' Maiden right there!
There were five 12" singles in there, so it's kind of an inflated looking amount. At nineteen pieces of vinyl, Iron Maiden beats my ELP's sixteen and my Black Sabbath's seventeen.

So my "G through J" cube is a little thin. The milk crate also included the "K" stuff, but it was stuffed full and I'm not going to replicate that. I could split the "K" stuff into two cubes but that bothers my obsessive compulsive hangup. Just gotta go buy some more Iron Maiden I guess.
015.jpg

There were five 12" singles in there, so it's kind of an inflated looking amount. At nineteen pieces of vinyl, Iron Maiden beats my ELP's sixteen and my Black Sabbath's seventeen.

So my "G through J" cube is a little thin. The milk crate also included the "K" stuff, but it was stuffed full and I'm not going to replicate that. I could split the "K" stuff into two cubes but that bothers my obsessive compulsive hangup. Just gotta go buy some more Iron Maiden I guess.
015.jpg

yur new rack is working well. nice job

Back
Top Bottom