Subscriber
Seller notes that it needs a "refoam."

One Vintage JBL D130 16 Ohms 15" Woofer Speaker. Need Refoam $160.00

1964 speaker vintage

Price is firm

00u0u_a5vcp5gVL6Q_600x450.jpg
00k0k_iRYhtTyhbD5_1200x900.jpg

00M0M_cr3VC7ikzrW_600x450.jpg

You might want to send the JBL to Great Plains Audio where they can can bring the magnets back up to spec, in addition to installing an original JBL cone. They do fix speakers other than Altec.

just got this JBL a130 back from the speaker clinic,recone job,most of these 1950's jbl drivers all suffered the same cone edge failure.Brough back to life for another pair of project jbl 001 loaded speakers

Attachments

• DSCF1998.JPG
    DSCF1998.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 110
My pride and joys are a pair of 50’s D130’s I found hanging from the ceiling of an old bait shop in Carlson cabinets. They needed help and we’re sent to Northridge to be completely rebuilt about 10 years ago. They had 2” voice coils that had to be machined to accept 3” coils. Re-magnetized and re-coned, they are in a 60’s Fender Bassman cabinet and just sing with a 69 Bassman head.

OK..., let's make it "Lansing Laugh of the Day."

Now this A5 is a real lightweight! Must have been designed to "hang" from the ceiling.

Altec speaker A5 flywood altec 19 beautiful altec 9845A - $200 (Orange County)
Beautiful professional altec cabinet builder altec A5 built with marine flywood !only cabinet !! Nothing else included!! Also have the altec 19 with brand new greatplain audio xover install incredible sounding & condition Altec 9845A also available ! Serious inquire only please do not ask do ship only local sale

My pride and joys are a pair of 50’s D130’s I found hanging from the ceiling of an old bait shop in Carlson cabinets. They needed help and we’re sent to Northridge to be completely rebuilt about 10 years ago. They had 2” voice coils that had to be machined to accept 3” coils. Re-magnetized and re-coned, they are in a 60’s Fender Bassman cabinet and just sing with a 69 Bassman head.

Cool story! I own a few pairs of d130's...great with horns! Heres a pic of a pair of JBL-C37s{d130/075 horn] and a pair of C34's {130A/DLH175 horn} just set them up as theyve been out of rotation for a while,on a el84 PP slave amp and Eico hf85 tube pre..glorious listening todayDSCF2001.JPG

More blue painters tape and it'll be just fine. 3M makes some damn fine tape...

On Ebay...

All Original, Speakers were Just Re-foamed And New Gaskets, Repair Work Done By A Professional Electronics Service Company

For future reference, I contacted the seller to get the name of the shop who did the repair, whoever needs the contact, PM me :)

2ihb8gn.jpg

Last edited:
Kind of cool...kind of sad :(

Are they JBL as the seller claims?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Vin...142326?hash=item4b38f53976:g:inMAAOSwmSdaf7IT

Brand new hand built - 1 of a kind!
Authentic RockBoxAudio Product
Vintage JBL HiFi Speakers @ 8 Ohms
Power Switch (Blue backlit)
Aux Adapter for using your Cell phone, or MP3 player.
Bluetooth module included for Seamless connectivity and playback
Excellent sound, with great lows and amazing clarity
7000 Mah Battery - Up to 14 hours of playback on a single charge
Vintage Samsonite Suitcase

s-l1600.jpg

a local seller. Only wants $5,500 for the pair::p :no: :crazy:

"The speakers are in excellent condition with a few scratches here and there but over all they are in great shape for a 40 year old speakers. The connectors of the speakers have been upgrade to a newer type that can accommodate banana/spades. (please view the pictures). One of the connector on one of the speaker is a little loose but have no problem attach the cable. Also 2 of the bottom pegs that hold the grill on one speakers are missing but the grill is on with no problem (I believe you can get them online and install them). I think I saw them the other day on Ebay."

00v0v_cOvrINegzHS_1200x900.jpg

00a0a_jmPkp5nrwCv_1200x900.jpg
00O0O_8weHanNaRbu_1200x900.jpg

00303_8hp0akb2ddN_1200x900.jpg
00G0G_4dzfscRjmcV_1200x900.jpg

Back
Top Bottom