I Chickened Out on the Pair of MC2300s

Hopefully tomorrow at this time I'll be able to reminisce about when I had a pair of MC2500's. Here they are loaded up and waiting for their 2 state ride tomorrow morning and hopefully to a good home

20180220_151925.jpg

Breach of etiquette! This deserves its own thread man!!
Well we'll see what happens today as I don't want to start something and have the deal collapse.......to say I'm excited like a kid the night before Christmas is an understatement.:banana:

I would use tie down straps. A quick stop and they will tumble on end. Then slam back down. Experience talking here.

Yes I agree but this was the hard part for me loading them in there alone. They're well secured and padded with 2 quilts, 3 blankets, and 6 pillows robbed from the couch. I was also thinking protection for hopefully what's coming back with me to:banana:

20180221_141039.jpg It's been a very long and tiring day wrestling with heavyweight Mac amps. The end result is I'm no longer an owner of a pair of MC2500's:( But I am loving their replacements:banana:

View attachment 1120459 It's been a very long and tiring day wrestling with heavyweight Mac amps. The end result is I'm no longer an owner of a pair of MC2500's:( But I am loving their replacements:banana:
Those look like 1201s. Indeed worth a drive. Was that a swap with cash deal? Just wow.

I am slumming it now with 1000wpc. Seems the 1200 club is building on AK.

Last edited:
Well congrats! I look forward to hearing all about the audition and comparisons in a NEW THREAD!!!!
Thanks for the congrats Tony and thanks for little extra "push" I needed to get these "enlargements". Yes after I get some time with them I'll certainly make sure and start a new thread about them.
Those look like 1201s. Indeed worth a drive. Was that a swap with cash deal? Just wow.

I am slumming it now with 1000wpc. Seems the 1200 clubis building on AK.
Good eye; yes they are 1201's (all 148lbs of them) and yes it was the 2500's leaving here along with some $$. Haha; yeh ok you're slummin with a pair of MC1000's on those monster Mac speakers of yours. I've been in awe of your rig since you brought it home a while back:king:

Well we'll see what happens today as I don't want to start something and have the deal collapse.......to say I'm excited like a kid the night before Christmas is an understatement.:banana:

Yes I agree but this was the hard part for me loading them in there alone. They're well secured and padded with 2 quilts, 3 blankets, and 6 pillows robbed from the couch. I was also thinking protection for hopefully what's coming back with me to:banana:

Quite a metamorphosis!!! :beerchug: VERY NICE!!!! Audio pick up journeys are the sweetest trips of all! Best of luck!

Thanks Joseph and sorry about the thread hijack. I'll go start another thread now as the damacman mentioned.

Just started enjoing my 2500's to ther fullest and I have to trade them in already Jeeeeez! I saw those 2300's on the auction site. Priced high for non working.

Hell no don't be in a rush to trade those 2500's in. My first 2500 was with me for 7 years. If I had another pair of speakers capable of using all that power they'd still be here

Back
Top Bottom