Bozak B-407 speakers

Jimbo40

A friend of mine want to get rid of these speakers ready to toss them. I told him, hold the phone there choncho! I might want those. My question is how much should I give him.
he said they could bring the walls down back it the day, and they have been sitting in his shop for 25 years.
The look really bad. pics to follow.

Those are Infinity speakers with Walsh tweeters...damn they both look like something I'd want. They both look pretty rough and prime for a good deal! You're not in the NW by any chance, are you?

The Infinity model is WTLC I think it stands for Wave Transmission Line Column, always wanted to hear a pair of those.

Paul

Both pairs are worth having. But apparently he didn't think so, since he was going to toss them, and he didn't treat them very well before that. So I think he should, and would, be pleased with a nice acknowledgement - some nice wines or something along those lines, or, if it's cold hard cash, a hundred bucks or so. Theoretically they are worth substantially more, but equipment needing work, and large and heavy enough to be very expensive to ship, is actually not worth very much. He offered them to you as a gift, and if you go to him telling him that they are valuable, you complicate things for him -- now he has to try to get the best deal, which means he has to clean them up and refinish them, and learn about recapping and test them and so forth and so on, and advertise them, figure out how to ship them and so on and so forth.
Let him give them to you, and thank him sincerely.
And then they are your problem...

I used to buy camera collections, and I came across many widows who made themselves miserable by feeling they had to get the best price for a whole bunch of cameras that she wasn't actually interested in, but knew had value. They could have thrown themselves into the task by learning about cameras and the market, but they hadn't done that when their husbands were alive and might have enjoyed their involvement in the hobby, so why would they want to do it now? So they entertained offers, rejected them, and there the stuff sat... I could go on, but I suspect that all of us have some sense of the despair that comes with having too much stuff, and no idea of how to deal with it.

Let this guy get rid of stuff he doesn't want anymore.

Those appear to be Infinity Monitor II WTLC.

From the web:
804287-infinity-monitor-ii-speakers.jpg

th

GeeDeeEmm

Hard to say without knowing if drivers work or not. Assuming they do, ask him what would be a fair number. Otherwise you could be way off and either offend him or pay too much. My bet is that it will be low. Maybe $100. When asked though he may say $50. They aren't worth much in their current state unless you part them of course.

I picked up a pair of those infinities with various problems, and the posts noting the difficulty of sourcing replacement drivers is correct. I don't recognize the midranges on the pair in the image. My memory is that mine had a dome mid with the mounting plate rotated 45 degrees - looking like a diamond rather than a square.

Well I got the infinities monitor iia, the bozaks b-407, a techincs sl- b3 turn table, and a set of pioneer se 305 headphones.
all the drivers work in all the speakers with the exception of 1 of the gold funnel tweets could be a bad cap or wire. all are original. i gave him $400
They all had good ohm reading. I have a test sansui 7070, ran the wire and tada:)

I think the Infinity's have a Watkins woofer. You may want to do some research on the surrounds. Great woofers.

Back
Top Bottom