TPA3116 Enclosures?

btol

A year or so ago I ran across a link in one of the TPA threads to a custom enclosure company. I think they were primarily meant for guitar effects pedals but they offered a bunch of different enclosure sizes along with cool powder coat jobs including options for flake and sparkle paint. And there was even a section on their site where you could do a mockup of the enclosure and specify where you wanted holes drilled and what size.

Any chance one of you happens to recall this link and can point me in the right direction? Can't recall if it was in the giant TPA thread started by PG. I've used the AK search to no avail. I've done some googling and run into similar outfits but none with the cool paint jobs this place offers or the ability specify where/what size holes to drill on a web template. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That was fast! Thank you CKDC. Looks like I was mistaken about being able to do a mockup on the website itself. Gotta draw one up and upload it. Not a deal breaker, though. I really like all their paint options.

PS - I spent a couple years in a DC English Basement myself. In Columbia Heights at 14th and Girard when it was still pretty rough before the Target, movie theater, and foodie and boutiquey places were there.

Last edited:
(It took me all of 30 seconds to find ;-)

Sometimes google needs a little extra shove from an outside force!

I hate the “new” Columbia Heights. It lost its much of it character but gained only the expense of living there. But then, that is most of DC, now.

Sadly the very creative Fleawatt has taken a hiatus from building custom TPA3116 amps but I'd love to know his source(s) for all those unique enclosures.

http://fleawatt.blogspot.com

Pretty cool. Those enclosures are unique. Haven't run across any of them before but I have heard the Fleatwatt stuff is nice.

I like the Pedal Parts option for "quasi-diy" because of all the color and size choices and they will do all the drilling for you. Not the most cost effective but nice for those of us who have issues w/ time, lack of tools, lack of skils, etc. I'm actually inquiring not for a TPA but for a Sainsmat/Guanzo 6n3 pre. Finally about to pick one up (missing the train by about a year lol) and was thinking about making it all snazzy. Of couse, it's also likely I throw it in a tupperware when I first get it and it stays in there for who knows how long.

The Sain Smart 6n3 is a perfect fit for this wooden box from Michael's.

10357778_1.jpg

Thanks. I put together a similar wooden box inspired by you and others that I use for a TPA enclosure. I switch out dual and audiobah boards. Haven't tried any others yet but some day I'd like to check out a 3250 and Volt+...and I think Volt is coming out with an entirely new board too. Do you mind touching a bit on how you wired the fuse? I assume it would just be placed in line with one of the leads that go from the transformer to power switch/power cord/etc. Pls forgive the ignorance.

Sadly the very creative Fleawatt has taken a hiatus from building custom TPA3116 amps but I'd love to know his source(s) for all those unique enclosures.

http://fleawatt.blogspot.com
Most of his amps were put together with DIY cast aluminum guitar pedal enclosures and external power supplies, but it appears he recently moved up to nicer looking amplifier enclosures and internal power supplies

ebay has listings for the high quality amp enclosures he has used lately... he may buy the R-core and toroidal transformers and regulated power supply boards there as well

Last edited:
Here's the Volt+ velcro-ed to it's Astron linear regulated psu. The enclosure is a plastic project box found on Amazon. The metal face plate is from Home Depot and the lightning bolt I fashioned from black shelf liner. I prefer wood or plastic enclosures as they are non conductive with less chance of interference if wiring is not well shielded.

I like this amp so much I'm on the waiting list for the new Volt board.

PA250002.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom