JBL Metregon question..

Mcenroe7

Hi all...I was fortunate to acquire one of these, and will be arranging delivery later this week. I was wondering if any owners (or anyone who is knowledgeable on this) can tell me whether it would be ok to place the components I will be using on top of the speakers? I obviously won’t be considering placing a turntable on top, but was thinking of the amp/Tuner/preamp?
Thanks!

From what I've seen, that was the style of the day back then (including TT). Knowing the cost and skill to build I would think the bracing and quality would keep rumble down to decent level.

I'd love to see some photos when you receive the Metregon. I find the Metregon, Minigon and Paragon fascinating. I'd also appreciate hearing your impressions of it, once you have it up and operating.

I'd love to see some photos when you receive the Metregon. I find the Metregon, Minigon and Paragon fascinating. I'd also appreciate hearing your impressions of it, once you have it up and operating.
Here is a pic...hoping to be able arrange pick up this weekend. In all the pictures I’ve seen on the internet, I don’t think I’ve seen any with gear on it..which led me to this question. I heard the speaker before purchase and it sounded great..super excited to get it!

Attachments

• B5CCD5D6-A207-4B15-A32A-6C2FC1F6E6AD.png
    B5CCD5D6-A207-4B15-A32A-6C2FC1F6E6AD.png
    273.7 KB · Views: 57
Hi all...I was fortunate to acquire one of these, and will be arranging delivery later this week. I was wondering if any owners (or anyone who is knowledgeable on this) can tell me whether it would be ok to place the components I will be using on top of the speakers? I obviously won’t be considering placing a turntable on top, but was thinking of the amp/Tuner/preamp?
Thanks!

Give it a try, then suit yourself.

It's interesting that there's a little computer or surround speaker sitting front and center on the pictured Metregon. Like it needed a little help, or something.

Thought I would share a pic..finally a break in the terrible weather and I was able to pick it up today. So happy with the looks of course but also the sound. What is so surprising to me is that anywhere you sit in the room (two couches on the side and one large chair in front) the speaker “sounds” like it’s directly in front of you no matter where you are sitting. Can’t tell any sound difference. I’m going to buy some rubber coaster type pads to place under the amps..even though they have rubber feet, it was suggested to me to add more protection to preserve the wood from excess heat. I placed the CD player on the floor, in center area to avoid possible vibration on top of speaker and will do the same for turntable if I hook one up.

Attachments

• 8CDC4A3B-9FD3-4CD0-A37E-05BFFAD407B5.jpeg
    8CDC4A3B-9FD3-4CD0-A37E-05BFFAD407B5.jpeg
    40.9 KB · Views: 49
Wow - A Metregon with a full tube Mc system. That's gotta sound just glorious.

Me personally, I'm not a fan of the gear sitting up top.

Wow - A Metregon with a full tube Mc system. That's gotta sound just glorious.

Me personally, I'm not a fan of the gear sitting up top.
I agree. Nothing should even be near it much less on top of it.
It should be treated as and worshipped at as The Temple of the Metregon.

That’s a beautiful speaker you have there! I agree about not settling anything on top. Especially tube amps with the amount of heat they generate. It would be a shame to hurt the surface of that beauty. Nice score

Back
Top Bottom