It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

pointlessly-gendered-products-59-5a7da497a977d__700.jpg
I don’t find misandry something to smile about. The constant man hating on all branches of the media makes me angry. Just saying.

9F9588B6-3432-4046-B275-DDF37BE4CD05.jpeg

So I finally landed a job as a Wal-Mart greeter, which is a good find for many retirees, unfortunately I lasted less than a day.

About two hours into my first day on the job a very loud, unattractive, mean-acting woman walked into the store with her two kids, yelling obscenities at them all the way through the entrance. Per my greeter training manual I said pleasantly, “Good morning and welcome to Wal-Mart.” “Nice children you have there. Are they twins?”

The ugly woman stopped yelling long enough to say, “Hell no, they ain’t twins. The oldest one is 9, and the other one is 7. Why the hell would you think they’re twins? Are you blind, or just stupid?”
So I replied, “I’m neither blind nor stupid, madam. I just couldn’t believe someone slept with you twice. Have a good day and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart.”

My supervisor said I probably wasn’t cut out for this line of work.:p

I don’t find misandry something to smile about. The constant man hating on all branches of the media makes me angry. Just saying.

Sorry bud. I don't see it as ubiquitous but as well, this phenomenon is laughable to me when it does come up.

I thought it was funny too. We live in a world where anything that says gender specific is supposed to be forbidden. A stay at home parent can't be a housewife or househusband. It's "home maker". The list goes on. Meanwhile, we have things for which there is no room whatsoever for a gender assignment getting just that. I can't imagine any self respecting man owning or eating out of such a bowl. It might serve as a gag gift. Life is too short to be offended by every little thing. :)

Sorry bud. I don't see it as ubiquitous but as well, this phenomenon is laughable to me when it does come up.

I thought it was funny too. We live in a world where anything that says gender specific is supposed to be forbidden. A stay at home parent can't be a housewife or househusband. It's "home maker". The list goes on. Meanwhile, we have things for which there is no room whatsoever for a gender assignment getting just that. I can't imagine any self respecting man owning or eating out of such a bowl. It might serve as a gag gift. Life is too short to be offended by every little thing. :)

Ok.

Back
Top Bottom