is one better than the other

leftfielder

Ive had my 2ch-l system for about 10/11 years now but started off w/ the H/T/ w/ Yamaha RX-v665 and Klipsch #400 h/t smalls far and away better than any other small I heard. I always wanted a system to be heard so I air them out and the Yammi went into protecto mode and I was pissed to be polite. I called Klipsch and techs 2 different techs on 2 days what can the smalls handle in terms of power. They said 100 watts like.McIntosh real watts not divided AVR nonsense. Thankfully the Yamaha came out of protecto mode ok and lucky they had pre-outs and bought an Adcom GFA-555 from Audio Clasics then said wow. I friend gave me some box speakers KLH and I was hooked on 2chl for ever. I like my set up, have gone through about 12 different sets of speakers through C/L. My weakest link I think is my preamp the NAD 1020a. From all reports no problems w/ any, and the A model how better but they they say it is. What I'm looking for is a pre/amp NO built in receiver because FM sucks these days and what all I need is a Phono ,tuner in, and cd or aux for that function and more important of them all is a working remote.I have no intention of ditching my rig for an integrated that some have chimed in. I need a cheap, working. remote preamp of Onkyo, Yamaha, Luxman, Hafler, and others you might know like APT Holman (never heard of the thing and no remote...Any of you dudes have such a device collecting dust in closets, bsmts,attic, garages or even crawl spaces (lol)...Lew.

emotiva basx pt-100 $300
you still get a tuner built in but you'll also get a decent dac and remote

Back
Top Bottom