New guy from Ohio

Jack M

My name is Jack. I've been navigating and searching this site for a few months and have gotten hooked. That said, may as well join. I've always been sort of a geek since I bought my first Marantz 2235B in 1976 in high school. I've learned TONS of stuff already just by searching the appropriate forum(s). I hope to return the favor. You'll probably see me in the Marantz forum. I own 3 Marantz receivers and like them all. I like nearly all of the vintage stuff from the 70s.

Looking forward to some wonderful fellowship!

Jack

Hi Jack and welcome to AK! Nice Marantz gear you have. Have a 2250B in my arsenal of gear. Wonderful receivers they are. Enjoy your audio journey!

Welcome from Atwater /Randolph /Hartville area! Lots to learn here,as you already know. Best deal on the Web that I've found yet!:bigok:

Thanks everyone. Yes, completely agree, wonderful forum. It seemed like every time I searched the web for an audio question, it pointed me in this direction. I've been an audio geek wannabe for years. I began in the late 60s when I was 10. That's when the transistor revolution was taking place. I would garbage pick radios and swap out tubes to fix them. Back then, everyone want "transistor" radios that were "instant on" (me included). I would take the tubes to a local drug store with a "tube tester" and sort out my stash. Then I'd sell the working radios for 50 cents. I was then able to buy my first portable "7 transistor" radio from Sears. Advertisements back then often referred to the numbers of transistors in their radios as selling points. The more transistors, the better.

Welcome! I did much the same as a kid in the 60s...always cannibalizing something. Probably have a couple dozen pocket transistor radios on display. Funny thing, too: Many times they'd advertise a radio as "10 Transistor" but you'd find that they had a number connected as diodes to up the transistor count:)

Back
Top Bottom