Who is the best refoamer here?

tjohnusa

I have a set of JBL 128H that need refoaming. I attempted it but the glue didn't stick and I would rather have a veteran do the job (for some cash of course) I would leave it up to the tech to tell me which kit to buy and any other needed things. One odd thing is one cone has a smaller diameter than the other (maybe a 1/16 to 1/8 inch) I am assuming this was a factory replacement down the road from the original purchase. The voice coils are fine but I do have a spot of black about the size of a quarter along an edge from removing the old surround with alcohol...grr I may try to touch it up before sending out. Any recommendations on type of paint to use? [Mod Edit]

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't you tell us where you are located?

If these are special drivers, maybe a professional would have the proper surrounds (although a few vendors do have a nice selection of correct parts) and put them back as new. Not knowing what the driver is for and seeing your avatar, there are a few places that can do professional repairs to JBLs.

The Loudspeaker Store in Kent Washington has an excellent reputation and many glowing reviews.

Back
Top Bottom