What's British in your system?

Boza, Those Mission 770's are beautiful, which incarnation are they?

I adore my Mission M71's, my LFD integrated and my Systemdek IIX. I think there's often a fair amount of wisdom in British audio that sucks me in.

Didnt think I had any but my 4 Mission bookshelf speakers are and possibly my Mayware Formula lV tone arm too. Bob

Boza, Those Mission 770's are beautiful, which incarnation are they?

I adore my Mission M71's, my LFD integrated and my Systemdek IIX. I think there's often a fair amount of wisdom in British audio that sucks me in.
Thank's. There the mk2 1981.

I lived in Cape Town 10 years. My entire system was British, many systems, everything from Ariston to Wharfdale and every letter in between (is there a Z British component I'm forgtting?) Except for some Japanese cartridges. HiFi was British HiFi, and glorious. Now back in the States, and looking at the OP's question, I'm amazed that nothing is British — except a pair of KEF Reference 101 small monitors and some Linn speaker wire, neither in use.

Oh, and my treasured Quad 63 electrostatics which need repair. Who does Quad repairs?

My secondary speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX6. British design and engineering, with manufacture farmed out to China.
A Rothwell Headspace MC head-amp.
Also, some LP recordings of the London Festival Orchestra :)

Arcam FMJ A19 integrated amp with Mission 773e speakers. Matched up way beyond my expectations:smoke: Plus a NAD C520 CD player on it‘s last legs

I am actually moving away from the British stuff, not intentionally, but just happened naturally, sold my Meridian G08 CDP years ago, and now, my Tannoy Turnberry is on the for sale list, my next speaker will be JBL, or maybe open baffle, who knows?

Long road in my audio with a large Brit presence in my system/collection ... Garrard 301/ SME 3009, Tannoy 15" Golds in DIY cabs, 6 Goodmans Axiom 80 in DIY cabs (3/box ) . raw drivers include pair 12" Tannoy Golds, 3 Goodmans Axiom 22, 1 Goodmans Axiom 80 , pair A-Z Sound Sales 11" speakers, Sound Sales PX4 mono amp and 80-120 mullard tubes mostly 12ax7 Had in the pass ... 2 pairs of Tannoy Windsor rectangular GFR 15" Golds, pair 15" reds in GRF rectangular cab, pair of 10" Tannoy Golds, Goodmans Axiom 1220c in DIY cabs , B&W 802 series 80 and 803n , Linn LP12 and Systemdek table

Last edited:
I've always had British speakers, moving from Acoustic Energy, Harbeth, to Proac. For some reason, I just couldn't get British amplifiers to make those speakers sing. Rega, Exposure, and Naim all did pretty well, but they never sounded natural to me. It always felt like they lacked power and added coloration.

I've always had British speakers, moving from Acoustic Energy, Harbeth, to Proac. For some reason, I just couldn't get British amplifiers to make those speakers sing. Rega, Exposure, and Naim all did pretty well, but they never sounded natural to me. It always felt like they lacked power and added coloration.

I have Harbeth 30.1 speakers and an Exposure 3010s2D integrated amp. I sure don't feel like I am lacking power or hearing unwanted coloration. For me, in my room and with my ears, this is the best sound I have had in my house.

Actually, you are right. The best British I've ever heard was the Exposure 3010S2 Integrated. The 2010S2D I had on the other hand, while better than the Naim Nait 5si and the Rega Elex-R, still lacked power and made up for it in other ways.

Back
Top Bottom