2017-18 NCAA Basketball

I found myself rooting against Syracuse last night. Still bitter about them coming back and keeping UVa out of the Final Four. Interesting to see how UVa will do w/o Hunter. It's a loss, but not a debilitating loss. I'm still optimistic.

I picked OU to beat RI. Having never watched a Rhode Island game. I suspect they will see Duke next.

I find myself cheering on teams that hurt my bracket. There may not be any “great” teams this season. However a plethora of very good teams provide exciting competition. So congrats to Loyola. Heck, SDU, SFA, and Davidson are looking good right now!

Davidson broke my heart several years ago, do you remember? They went further than anyone thought they could. Then we got completely unrealistic about it. My Dad was an alumnus so it was sorta personal!

Davidson broke my heart several years ago, do you remember? They went further than anyone thought they could. Then we got completely unrealistic about it. My Dad was an alumnus so it was sorta personal!

Davidson has a great basketball history. Fred Hetzel (early 60s) was No. 1 NBA draft in 1965. Of course, you may not remember that :rolleyes:
They lost to UNC in Elite Eight in 1968 and again in 1969. I remember that because I was at UNC :)

Roger

Heh, I bet my Dad would remember it. I can still remember those tall beer glasses he'd drink from while watching 'the game'... Most of my family is from NC so we have UNC, Duke, Wake, Davidson alumni and incredibly enough they get along fine. Wow, Elite Eight in two consecutive years! And Davidson is a tiny school with a tiny athletic budget.

ETA: Aww heck, I can't even remember exactly what they looked like!
Sure is fun to look, though. "Pilsner Glasses"

il_570xN.1467656939_jhhf.jpg

il_570xN.641027914_24na.jpg

Last edited:
UVa looked pretty damn good for the second best team in Virginia.:beatnik: If they survive in the dance longer than my Hokies, I switch allegiance to those Charlottesville frat boys.:D

Looks like you're off the hook ... <G>

U M ust B e C razy!!

You know, I was kind of happy for Ken. Our long suffering Virginia fan looked like he was finally going to taste glory. After getting knocked out by Sparty multiple seasons, it really looked like their year. Until tonight.

Speaking of Sparty, now UVA knows what it felt like to be knocked out in the first round by Middle Tennessee ... :eek:

PS - any intact brackets out there? I just bopped over to ESPN and was surprised to see that something like 3% actually picked UMBC to win. Probably drunk on a dare? Then again, there's been a couple other big surprises that had to knock a bunch of them out early too - Arizona going down to Buffalo would rank right up there in OMG category.

I'm really glad I didn't watch the game tonight. It was more than painful enough to be kept up to date by friends via text. I feel really bad for Coach of the Year. SMH!

Yea, UVA went down hard. Pretty sad. Coworkers will be grim on Monday. I work in Charlottesville, and many of the employees are UVA grads! Ouch. :eek:

Not familiar with the guy, but it almost looked to me like UVA's coach Bennett was maybe the first to throw in the towel and the team just followed suit ...

Then again, maybe he's just a laid back kinda guy. I'm more used to seeing someone like Tom Izzo jumping up and down, and turning red and apoplectic on the sideline even in a losing cause ... <G>

tom-izzo-michigan-state-officialsjpg-d2805b638bc3d53a.jpg

He'll get his next chance against Syracuse ... should be a good game!

I had seen part of a couple of UVa games - like everyone else, would never have imagined.

I had Arizona taking out UVa, so that ain't gonna happen.

Back
Top Bottom