Altec Legato (single cabinet)

rudedogg

AK Member
Sooo i think i just bought a single Altec Legato this morning! Lol. I say "think" because i was sent a pic of a large speaker cabinet at an estate sale, a pic was sent to a fellow enthusiast who did not recognize the model, and then forwarded the pic to me. So i am not sure exactly what is inside the cabinet, but the exterior is Altec or Heathkit. The asking price was $75 and i offered the first gentleman at the sale $100 to grab it for me, which he did.. Now i just hope the thing really has Altec parts in it... Or parts at all! Lol

about 1500.00 worth. man i bet that guy is kicking himself right now... Great mono speaker..
Oh boy, the screenshots i posted are from my buddy's home an hour and a half from here. The "finder" of these, who had no idea what they are, delivered them to my friend, the "middle man" who then got curious and pulled the bell cover off the rear of the cabinet, revealing the compression driver... I owe $100 to the first guy, now my buddy knows exactly what the components are...lol, what do i offer as a delivery fee now? Maybe i'd better figure a way to go get them home!

Last edited:
Id offer another 100 to have delivered. Or offer up to your buddy for 850.00 Use 100.00 to pay off first guy and pocket 750 for being an intelligent audio buff.

Id offer another 100 to have delivered. Or offer up to your buddy for 850.00 Use 100.00 to pay off first guy and pocket 750 for being an intelligent audio buff.
Yes i think i will offer $100 to bring them here in his truck. Nobody wanted them, and they sent me pics....i even told them both these were certainly worth a chance at $75! I even told my friend that they look like Altec or Heathkit to me.... Oh well, they are mine now. I just kinda feel bad

Oh boy, the screenshots i posted are from my buddy's home an hour and a half from here. The "finder" of these, who had no idea what they are, delivered them to my friend, the "middle man" who then got curious and pulled the bell cover off the rear of the cabinet, revealint the compression driver... I owe $100 to the first guy, now my buddy knows exactly what the components are...lol, what do i offer as a delivery fee now? Maybe i'd better figure a way to go get them home!
Nice find, John! An hour and half from you in which direction? If east, I can grab it for you.

Hey Matt, actually yes! East.....well southeast, below Pittsburgh currently sitting at Tommy's house...he bought the SoundValves preamp

Back
Top Bottom