can a JBL PB1010 J 150w subwoofer handle loud thumping hip hop music

reno faoro

Somebody wants to buy my JBL PB10 150W SUBWOOFER. They want to be able to play loud hip hop music and want the bass to boom. Can it handle a lot of loud bass?
Details150-watt RMS amplifier
10" down-firing driver
frequency response 27-150 Hz
continuously variable 50-150 Hz crossover
phase switch
line-level input with LFE/Normal switch
speaker-level inputs
black ash vinyl finish
14"W x 15-15/16"H x 16-1/16"D (with feet)

Hard to say since what means "loud and boom" is different to different people and their previous experience.

Based on looking at the specs and my experience with other larger subs, that one would not fit my expectation of "loud and boom".

But, if what someone had before was a small set of speakers with little bass then maybe it would fit their idea of "loud and boom".

What was already posted is indeed important. Other factors--what size of room?--what is powering/handling the upper frequencies (the main amp/receiver and speakers)?, and are we looking for any degree of accuracy, or just the "thump, thump, thump" of some dance club DJ? I would (generalization here) say no--if they want that really horrible "loud and boom" they need more power and bigger displacement.

What was already posted is indeed important. Other factors--what size of room?--what is powering/handling the upper frequencies (the main amp/receiver and speakers)?, and are we looking for any degree of accuracy, or just the "thump, thump, thump" of some dance club DJ? I would (generalization here) say no--if they want that really horrible "loud and boom" they need more power and bigger displacement.
Thank you.
Hard to say since what means "loud and boom" is different to different people and their previous experience.

Based on looking at the specs and my experience with other larger subs, that one would not fit my expectation of "loud and boom".

But, if what someone had before was a small set of speakers with little bass then maybe it would fit their idea of "loud and boom".
Thank you.

"loud and boom" means different things to different people. People with no experience with subwoofers many times have unrealistic expectations. That they ask this makes me believe that they will never be satisfied with anything less than a big pro system with exaggerated mid/upper bass

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom