What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Nice story, Kevin. I have started to look for a new job. Time for a change.

I learned a bit by applying for another job. Part of what I do now is pre-employment check drives and I was on the receiving end last week. You get about ½ an hour to show some guy you never met that you can be trusted with a truck and its load. It had never occurred to me that people are looking at me and thinking "This guy decides whether I get a job or not." That was a bit of a wake-up call. In future, I'll be looking at those new drivers with a bit more consideration to their potential mental state.

Thanks Lou. Crazy times we live in.

Rob I wouldn't sweat it to bad those Texan Law officials are going to close in on who ever is doing that soon, Its just a matter of time, and with the culprit not letting up, it's just a matter of time, it won't be long.

I just worry about copy cat guys that once it makes the news, they want be in it to. Seems to be infamous is fine for many people these days.

Currently trawling through a list of albums that has come my way. Local seller is attempting to get rid of around 20,000 LPs/45s/12” singles.

Some interesting titles; not much classical but lots of rock.

Prices are perhaps a bit high for some and reasonable for others. Definitely not in the clouds though.
If there is a 45 of Beep Beep by the Playmates please snag it for me.

Rammstein ~ Liebe Ist Für Alle Da

rammstein-liebe-ist-fur-alle-da.jpg

Thanks for that Frank. I had to laugh at the 1988 pic ....Carl with a mullett
Carl is and was always the slave to fashion. Found this pic of him last December going out for a Sunday newspaper in the first snow of the year.
carlpalmer.jpg

what a journey he has had.
Indeed it has been an incredible journey for Carl Palmer. I forgot about his first recording band, The King Bees or as they were later known, The Craig. He was with them in 1966 at the age of 16.

They had a pretty blistering single called "I Must Be Mad". Sounded very much like an early Who or Animals song.

I've never really used it for any serious listening. I have read some great stuff about the JVC XL series today and my curiosity is up. It's been here about two years now. sitting in the rack in the exercise room. I'll run it over into this room one of these days.
010.jpg

Man, this is one of those days when I'm really happy to be retired from my job at the phone company. 40 degrees, raining, high wind...and I don't have be out in it suffering!
This is my view through the French doors, across the exercise room and out the window.
005.jpg
Nice rack:thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom