What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Ah, yes. The new job. To cut a long story short, it's not happening. I went to see my boss yesterday to tell him I was giving my notice, and he said "Well, I don't want you to do that. We like you being here." So I did a bit of thinking, and decided to stay where I am. Sure, it's a roller-coaster, but I happen to like the people I work for, and with.

So, my posting will be interrupted by stays in the northern prison and various other places, and life will continue.

It has given me a chance to take a fresh look at what I do, and realize that I can manage my time a bit better, so I don't need to be continually working or waiting to work. It feels like I made the right decision.
Did you ask for any concessions for staying? More regular schedule? MONEY!?

The contributors to this thread rallied round when I learned that my friend had died. I am eternally grateful for that support. This isn't a list of albums. It's a community of people who happen to share an interest, and also live in the real world. It's right and proper to share our fears and concerns and to offer support to each other.
Well said Kevin!

"Bruckner Symphony No. 9 in D Minor"
Carlo Maria Giulini and the Chicago Symphony Orchestra
Angel S-37287
(12" SQ-type quadraphonic and stereo LP record)
Released 1977

Alas, only listening to it in stereo today with my wonderful Kenwood KR-5150 receiver, but when I have properly balanced front and back speaker pairs for my Fisher 404 SQ Quadraphonic receiver, this one and my few other SQ albums will get a whirl in their true form, which the 404 will simulate if it doesn't think my stylus is tickling all the SQ data from the grooves. The record does sound good in stereo though.

I have some SQ records and no decoder, but that's probobly one rabbit hole I should not plunge into, got too many already.

1968..... don't remember seeing this video but loved the song:dunno:
The song was recorded in '68. The video in '69. That's Carl Palmer behind the mask at the drum kit syncing to the original drum track that someone else had recorded.
Carl never recorded with Arthur Brown but I located a live recording of "Fire" of what I believe to be Carl's work. He's playing at a blistering pace.

Now this is very interesting. Just found this vid tonight while attempting to find the audio only vid that I found years ago of Palmer in Arthur Brown's band. This is clearly Carl Palmer performing with the band. He appears to be dressed as a Puritan. Too cool. Extended shots of Palmer at the 3:15 mark.

More Crazy World Of Arthur Brown with Carl Palmer here.

Rush ~ Clockwork Angels

rush-clockwork-angels-album-cover.jpg

Did you ask for any concessions for staying? More regular schedule? MONEY!?

Not really. I told the boss that I wasn't satisfied with the sporadic nature of the work and he told me that he expects an upturn, specifically that he expects that there will be more work than I can handle between now and the Fall. Could be hot air, but then, so could the promises I'm getting from anywhere else I go. There is a shortage of experienced drivers. My boss knows that and wants to see the ones he has. I can easily be replaced, but with what? a kid out of driving school? I've been at this place 3 years. I know how good it gets, and I know how bad. On balance, I don't have a bad job.

OK, this is getting too close to home. Just learned that the Goodwill near me had a package bomb go off just about an hour ago. One person seriously injured. This is the sixth bombing in Austin. I was just at this Goodwill last week. It is about 1.5 miles from my home. This really sux!
It does indeed suck. My wife, a "True Crime TV" junkie reminded me tonight that the mini-series about the Unabomber was recently aired, and this could be a copy-cat inspired by that show.

It makes me think about when we had to live under the threat of the D.C. Sniper. Most of those killings happened within two miles of where I used to live.

Exercise caution in everything you pick up from your front porch, Rob. Cast a wary eye on everything until this perpetrator is found.

I have some SQ records and no decoder, but that's probobly one rabbit hole I should not plunge into, got too many already.

I got another quadrophonic LP in yesterday's haul. Still sealed from 1978. Wagner overtures and preludes.

One of the sealed LPs I got yesterday was bought by someone before I started 1st grade. Scary thought. I'll probably play it once and then I wonder who will listen to it next? It has survived more than 50 years without a play. If it takes another 50, I'll be long gone.

Not really. I told the boss that I wasn't satisfied with the sporadic nature of the work and he told me that he expects an upturn, specifically that he expects that there will be more work than I can handle between now and the Fall. Could be hot air, but then, so could the promises I'm getting from anywhere else I go. There is a shortage of experienced drivers. My boss knows that and wants to see the ones he has. I can easily be replaced, but with what? a kid out of driving school? I've been at this place 3 years. I know how good it gets, and I know how bad. On balance, I don't have a bad job.
I believe your usual thoughtful self has looked hard at this situation and made an appropriate decision. Well done, Kev.

I'm probably last to the party on this one.

I see "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness" by The Smashing Pumpkins posted regularly here. It took me quite a while to discover that I had a copy. It must have turned up in a collection I bought and was overlooked until now. So, it's getting its first play here.

Back
Top Bottom