Who can name these turntables

The one on the left is named Whoops, and the one on the right is named Sorry.

Together, they are An Accident Waiting To Happen.

The guy in the second picture is the dolt in the room. Hopefully not the OP... :D

Total crap..., the speaker cables are laying on the floor! :biggrin:

I wonder if he hot flips or waits thirty minutes for the platter to spin down?

Definitely not a turntable. More like a horizontal lathe made to turn locomotive wheels that just happens to spin at the same speed as an LP needs...........

Still LMAO from all your posts.... to funny! Looks like a top loader to me. Aren't they harder on the vinyl than a front loader?

That record clamp on the Ultimate costs $1500!

Must be fun moving all 850 lbs out of the way to watch movies on the projector screen behind it.

That does not even look fun, I'm all for hi-end gear but that's just to much for me. It looks like it took all the fun out of spinning an album. Looks like you wound need to do a lot of work to play a single LP. I'm good with my low buck used bought off CL Linn Axis or Pioneer PL12...

jeeze, there is a lot of jealousy in this thread.

One time I scored a mint pioneer pl570 for a $100, had to rush out of work to get it, when I returned my coworkers laughed and laughed at me for spending $100 on a "old record player". I didnt say anything, just looked at them like " these idiots have absolutely no idea" I imagine the guy in the pic would read this thread and feel much the same way.

One time I scored a mint pioneer pl570 for a $100, had to rush out of work to get it, when I returned my coworkers laughed and laughed at me for spending $100 on a "old record player". I didnt say anything, just looked at them like " these idiots have absolutely no idea" I imagine the guy in the pic would read this thread and feel much the same way.

Eh.

I probably care less about what he thinks about my opinion that he does about mine. People who but gear at that level tend to have an attitude about it in my experience.

AK at its worse. Rather than appreciate the level of playback equipment and the resources that went into such a system, they mock the person who would own such a system. I don't know about the people who buy gear at that level, but plenty of examples of people posting with attitudes in this thread. And as for donating to kids college funds, I would imagine the owner of a system of this level has to pay quite a sum for other people's needs by the likelihood of being in a very high tax bracket, and along with the fact a good portion of the wealthy are the ones who are philanthropist. One case as an example, not to mention the Gates family.

Philanthropist and steel magnate William S. Dietrich II pledged $440 million to two universities in Pittsburgh before he died this month.

I am not envious of what he has, how he thinks or how he spends his time. He is neither solving a problem nor providing anything of value. It's not even "art".

A basic rule of engineering is to solve a problem using the most economical means and methods. It appears as though he is unaware of that way of thinking.

Now, if he can justify all of that mass mathematically proving that every gram added improves the performance, then he has accomplished something. Short of that, it's a waste of time and material.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom