Can you identify these ported speakers with wood horns?

Speedbump nailed it.

What are the weird things they have sitting in front of the tweeters though? Not the same weird things on both channels either. :idea:

Definitely worth a look, but given the circumstances it doesn't look like you'd be able to hear them first. Sure look nice though.

They weigh close to 100 lb each so bring a dolly. ;)

They aren't available until Friday. It's unlikely the owner will be there, but I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the info, everyone. I'm intrigued...

Came across these today and I'm wondering what they are. haven't seen them in person yet, so this image is all I have to go on. They look interesting, although I'm usually not a ported speaker guy. I may take a drive to see them if they're worth pursuing.View attachment 1158947

Yep, def RWO/Fostex Monitors with those wood Horns and slot tweeters -
I've got a similar pair of horns in the same mid/HF stack ...(I don't own the main cabinet)
And yes, some previous owner treated my horns very badly - but the sound is superb!

Fostex-Stack_5990.jpg

Last edited:
Before you go to buy them (you are going to buy them, aren't you? ;);););)), I would beg the current owner to keep them away from children, who have already managed to provide you with inverted domes.

GeeDeeEmm

who have already managed to provide you with inverted domes.

GeeDeeEmm

That's how you test them.

raw

Came across these today and I'm wondering what they are. haven't seen them in person yet, so this image is all I have to go on. They look interesting, although I'm usually not a ported speaker guy. I may take a drive to see them if they're worth pursuing.View attachment 1158947

Wow, that's an action / estate sale that would definitely get me out of bed. Expect others that have seen the pics to feel the same way.

Good Luck!

:thumbsup:

Definitely worth a look, but given the circumstances it doesn't look like you'd be able to hear them first. Sure look nice though.

They weigh close to 100 lb each so bring a dolly. ;)

Depending on how much they go for this might be one of the times you just say the hell with it and to quote Vince Guaraldi, cast your fate to the wind.

I plan on hitting the sale Friday morning on my way to Axpona. If I'm the first one to pony up, they'll come home with me. Stay tuned! :deal:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom