Love the sound of my system but...

audioman00

Lets see if I can leave the damn thing alone long enough to enjoy it for a while. I wonder if others out there also struggle to leave it alone and quit swapping components out all the time or if I'm just crazy. It's like, what the hell am I trying to achieve? It sounds great, so put some music on and just enjoy the music! I am gonna try try again

Yes, I'm there. My current focus is ripping my vinyl and adding to my media centre for playback. The Schiit JIL manages to capture the magic and playback using JRIVER through my Gieseler Groß DAC sounds identical to my ears to the actual vinyl.

System sounds better than I ever thought possible.

Yes...

Once you get on the hunt for something, sometimes the hunt becomes more enjoyable than the prospect of creating the intended result. So when the result does jump up in your face and bites you....you don’t notice cause your on the hunt for something that sounds a bit more like.....

I've found that once one system is pretty much perfected I end up working on another. I've 5 in operation around the house right now. Only two of them reach audio nirvana. The others are in progress. There's non in the shed yet either

I hear ya. I'm listening to music and for the present all done withe swapping out gear.My system is just where I want it,I don't think it could get any better.

The quandary is that there have been numerous instances in the past when I thought my system sounded good ... then I heard it sound better.

IMHO ... upgrades, changes, improvements .. etc ... like everything else in life, should be
done in moderation.
Sure, it's easy to make little debatable improvements. That's what gets boring, and costly. Exit stage left..or right.

I like to tinker. Swap ICs, speaker cables, move speakers around, change speakers etc. IMO it's part of the fun, and the best way to learn what does and doesn't actually have an effect on the sound. Besides, my system is simple enough that I can return to the previous configuration if I don't like the changes I made pretty easily. As a matter of fact, I'm contemplating swapping ICs just to see if I can tell any difference since the Kimber 8TCs have replaced my DIY speaker cables. Do I need to? No. Am I curious? Absolutely!

I wonder if others out there also struggle to leave it alone and quit swapping components out all the time or if I'm just crazy.
Just because others are crazy too and tell you that you aren't doesn't mean you aren't. Humanity has a long history of insane acts that weren't considered insane by the people committing them.
At least you aren't harming anyone, so enjoy your crazy.

Audiophiles are about two things: the love of music and the quest for a better sound.
Hence, tinkering should and can not ever end.

Success. I love it when a plan comes together
1*WIrvepdpbOATeuPLdNuGPg.jpeg

Both my systems sound fine as is. I'm just waiting for the day I can upgrade the stylus on my cartridges. Why wait, you may ask? Low hrs. on both, and do not see a need to at this time.

I've found that once one system is pretty much perfected I end up working on another. I've 5 in operation around the house right now. Only two of them reach audio nirvana. The others are in progress. There's non in the shed yet either
:thumbsup: That pretty much sums it up for me.

Back
Top Bottom