Schitt vs Woo...what say you

DogsPart2

In the area of say US$1K, I am looking at DAC/AMP Combos from primarily Schitt and Woo.

Naturally, Schitt has the most combo offerings. With Woo I am limited to the WA7 w/ dac or the WA3 + a DAC.

Anyone care to comment about sound and reliability of either brand?

I like the idea of future proof and 5 yr warranty from Schitt, however the WA7 gets such good reviews.

What say you?

I will say, I love my Valhalla 2, but I feel like I would jump at a Woo WA6 if I found one reasonably priced (I bid a bit on the auction site for a used one, but it quickly exceeded my price range right now).

I will say, I love my Valhalla 2, but I feel like I would jump at a Woo WA6 if I found one reasonably priced (I bid a bit on the auction site for a used one, but it quickly exceeded my price range right now).
Whadya think about a WA6 + Schitt Modi-Mulitbit combo? (trying to keep price < 1K)

Whadya think about a WA6 + Schitt Modi-Mulitbit combo? (trying to keep price < 1K)

I have not actually listened to the WA6. It has been an interest of mine for a few months now, especially once I found it on the auction site. All the reviews I have read say it is quite good and would be wonderful with my HD600s.

I do, however, have the Schiit Mod-Multibit and I enjoy it quite a bit. I have not had much experience for comparing it to other DACs, but I do believe it sounds better than my laptop, and I feel there was some improvement over the Marantz receiver I have used as well.

For those whom have purchased Woo products; any advantage of ordering through Audio Advisor (free shipping) as opposed to direct?

I owned a WA 6 for a few years and have owned my WA 2 for several years. I was happy with my WA 6 and feel no need to move from the 2 to anything else. I bought both from Woo and have never been less than satisfied with their service.

For those whom have purchased Woo products; any advantage of ordering through Audio Advisor (free shipping) as opposed to direct?

I ordered my WA22 from AA primarily because of the shipping. Plus, AA has always, at least for me, been easy to deal with if a problem arose.

Back
Top Bottom