which direction does this call for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, don't you see that it's you bringing this thread down? No one responding to you is talking shit, but you're taking it that way. Relax, don't be quick to respond, take a deep breath and take some of the suggestions I've given. I believe you'll notice that we are attempting to help. Don't take things so personally.

im only taking it that way from the people that are actually talking shit, plenty of people offering very valuable information

gotta take the good with the bad and as the OP im free to respond to everyone that decides to comment

you just really must understand that you are telling someone who could enjoy properly placed bose 201 speakers that their totl marantz speakers from 1982 “are not well regarded”

they are the best sounding speaker i have owned bud and i listen to them constantly. does that mean they are great? NO, but what does that have to do with anything? you really went out of your way to tell me my marantz speakers arent good and it was really obvious

i dont take kindly to that
They are not good speakers, but that is not because you are a bad person, lack money, or cannot tell. There was no implication and I don't mean any ill will.

With the money you can make from selling those speakers it would be easy to pick up a pair of Paradigm or PSB speakers and pocket some leftover cash. Those are speakers that sound pretty good to me, but the problem is they are bright.

That's what's tricky here - we are working with a few different issues that are all related. Let me try to explain:

- If you would give brighter speakers a chance for a little while, your options would open up and you might find yourself surprised at how pleasant a bright but well designed speaker can be. Maybe you decide you still don't like bright stuff -- that's cool too.

- If you were flexible on sources, you may be able to fix the problem without changing any other gear

It might sound like we are talking about different issues, but all of these symptoms come from the same waveform and so they are all related.

Well allrighty, sooooo,
I think I will suggest some old speakers for you.
Advent OLA
KLH 5
Fisher XP10
Dynaco 40XL
Wharfedale 60/70
Rectilinear III
Optimus 5 and 7
Any of these will settle that amp down right fast without choking it off.

They are not good speakers, but that is not because you are a bad person, lack money, or cannot tell. There was no implication and I don't mean any ill will.

With the money you can make from selling those speakers it would be easy to pick up a pair of Paradigm or PSB speakers and pocket some leftover cash. Those are speakers that sound pretty good to me, but the problem is they are bright.

That's what's tricky here - we are working with a few different issues that are all related. Let me try to explain:

- If you would give brighter speakers a chance for a little while, your options would open up and you might find yourself surprised at how pleasant a bright but well designed speaker can be. Maybe you decide you still don't like bright stuff -- that's cool too.

- If you were flexible on sources, you may be able to fix the problem without changing any other gear

It might sound like we are talking about different issues, but all of these symptoms come from the same waveform and so they are all related.

please stop im not selling these marantz speakers i guarantee i couldnt get as big and good of a sound out of the amount of money i could THEORETICALLY get for them. they have to fill a BIG wood floor room and have to be placed on shelves, small bookshelf speakers dont work well. please understand, this has nothing to do with replacing my old marantz speakers as they are not ever leaving. it took me A LOOOOOOONG time to find this kind of sound in this room. i LOVE these speakers, drop it.

i have one source i constantly use and thats my iphone. DAC comes last because i have no interest in trying to find the one i need at the moment. if i cant enjoy it without a DAC it will most likely end up getting sold and i dont see myself selling that pm-8004 anytime soon so again, just wanna know about speakers ;)

Last edited:
please stop im not selling these marantz speakers i guarantee i couldnt get as big and good of a sound out of the amount of money i could THEORETICALLY get for them. they have to fill a BIG wood floor room and have to be placed on shelves, small bookshelf speakers dont work well. please understand, this has nothing to do with replacing my old marantz speakers as they are not ever leaving. it took me A LOOOOOOONG time to find this kind of sound in this room. i LOVE these speakers, drop it.

The Marantz DR120 must definitely be sleepers because of the scarcity of information available via the internet or on AK about them. I'll take your word for it based upon the intensity of your feelings for them.

Please realize though that you are still young and learning at 25 years old. Most of us have been there, done that as far as HiFi is concerned and have heard all kinds of equipment and speakers galore. We're just spreading our knowledge to you young men so you don't have to make the same mistakes we have.

Last edited:

The Marantz DR120 must definitely be sleepers because of the scarcity of information available via the internet or on AK about them. I'll take your word for it based upon the intensity of your feelings for them.

Please realize though that you are still young and learning at 25 years old. Most of us have been there, done that as far as HiFi is concerned and have heard all kinds of equipment and speakers galore. We're just spreading our knowledge to you young men so you don't have to make the same mistakes we have.

holy shit how many times do i have to say it. i know they arent anything special but they are good speakers and sound good to me. if they are cheap speakers so be it i dont care, at least they sound great!! every speaker ive owned yet has been obviously lacking and these just seem to do really well! i cant find anything wrong with them being driven by the nec and isnt that a good thing??

what the hell man? are people not even reading what i say? what does this have to do with those speakers? i need new ones for my pm-8004! i noticed it was brighter than the nec through the DR120’s figured it may help narrow down some choices but NOPE it got me where we are now which is still talking about how i apparently think these 1982 marantz speakers are the best speaker in the world

i dont want to live on this planet anymore

OP, stop picking fights.

I tried to help and was ignored as you ranted at others. Take your attitude somewhere else.

I am done with this thread. Why should I waste my time?

you really shouldnt! i know i wouldnt if i were you

OP, stop picking fights.

I tried to help and was ignored as you ranted at others. Take your attitude somewhere else.

I am done with this thread. Why should I waste my time?

dude... i just went back and looked and you had an incredibly useful post if not the most useful.. what can i respond to that? i dont have to say anything, i just have to study what you said. other people dont do what you did man, im sorry if you feel left out but its not like being involved is “cool” at this point

please do actually forgive me for not remembering who dropped the information bombs amidst the warzone

I had a pair of Marantz Imperial Sixes. I had no complaints about those speakers...for what they were, they had rather good sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom