What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Congrats to all contributors, Jim for keeping it real, And all the great vibes. I thank you all. Onto 20k!!
A toast
View attachment 1167535

Congrats, Rob, on post 200,000. Next milestone is 100,000 likes and right now it's debatable as to whether that will be @NeedForSpeed or @fuzzywobbles

That, by the way, shouldn't be sniffed at, because it reflects the degree of interaction on the music threads. There is nowhere else, on this or any other forum that I'm aware of, quite like this thread.

033.jpg

EDIT: Do I have to listen to the whole thing. I had Satan queued up.

Congrats, Rob, on post 200,000. Next milestone is 100,000 likes and right now it's debatable as to whether that will be @NeedForSpeed or @fuzzywobbles

That, by the way, shouldn't be sniffed at, because it reflects the degree of interaction on the music threads. There is nowhere else, on this or any other forum that I'm aware of, quite like this thread.

Thanks so much Brother. This thread is breathing. It has character and a personality. Have loved your contributions since day one. RUSH/Queen, And the classical history. Keep it coming. Peace

Congrats y'all. Thanks to "Yippy, Yappy, and Ya-Hooey" all rolled into one, I made it with you.

Waukegan/North Chicago now Kev. In Canada, the wolves are much friendlier and bark "Yer tryina sleep, aye??"

A former student at my school (but not of mine) was the drummer from that band.

Well, Happy 10,000!!!!

If that dog is dead tomorrow, "I didn' do nuffin."

GJ

Hiii GJ how are things going? Sorry for the dog situation that is causing so much irritation. Well damn man!! That is wayyyyy cool!! Been on a ska/punk kick tonight.

Congrats y'all. Thanks to "Yippy, Yappy, and Ya-Hooey" all rolled into one, I made it with you.

Waukegan/North Chicago now Kev. In Canada, the wolves are much friendlier and bark "Yer tryina sleep, aye??"

A former student at my school (but not of mine) was the drummer from that band.

Well, Happy 10,000!!!!

If that dog is dead tomorrow, "I didn' do nuffin."

GJ
Glad your on this page, And this thread!!

Very cool. Is that what they refer to as “tones on tail”?
Most tapes with test tones have them on "the tail" (at the end, after the music). Barclay-Crocker puts Dolby test tones at the end of side 1 and beginning of 2. Usually you reverse or flop the tape before hitting the tones, they would be used rarely if you feel the need.

Ambiphon puts them at the beginning. The rabid audiophiles (like me?) who buy these want to check channel balance, and maybe even head alignment, frequently. It's actually a good idea with old tape and gear.

There's a message at the end that plays backwards. If you don't notice the tape is "tails out" and needs to be rewound before playing, and play it backwards, the message will play normally and clue you in.

He has an album with Dennis Chambers and Greg Howe called Extraction. His playing on it is less showy. If you haven't heard it it is well worth the time. Pm me if you would like to know more.

Nice, I just gave some of it a listen, I like Howe and Chambers too... so win, win, win. I'm gonna order it on Amazon. Speaking of flashy bassist... ever listen to Chambers with Billy Sheehan in Niacin? I listen to them pretty often.

Most tapes with test tones have them on "the tail" (at the end, after the music). Barclay-Crocker puts Dolby test tones at the end of side 1 and beginning of 2. Usually you reverse or flop the tape before hitting the tones, they would be used rarely if you feel the need.

Ambiphon puts them at the beginning. The rabid audiophiles (like me?) who buy these want to check channel balance, and maybe even head alignment, frequently. It's actually a good idea with old tape and gear.

There's a message at the end that plays backwards. If you don't notice the tape is "tails out" and needs to be rewound before playing, and play it backwards, the message will play normally and clue you in.

Excellent explaination. Thanks for that!

Would love to see Fuzzy hit first. I don't watch that stuff. Let's keep moving forward. Thanks for the heads up!

Back
Top Bottom