What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Damn it I missed 10K Oh I'm pissed!! Lol
Don't be mad. I missed it to and I was here. I was too busy listening to music and failed to get a post on page 10,000.

That said it's like watching a car's odometer...here it comes, 10,000 miles, Woo-Hoo, now what? 10, 001 miles, 10,002, miles. 10.003 miles...whatever, just keep running for me, car, please keep running.

Welll I believe I'll check this band out tomorrow. Frank you always put so much time and effort into your posts. It's impressive!! I love it!:thumbsup:
Thanks Brian. I try to make it count when I post something. That said I have a lot of BS with me too. You'll know when I actually have something to say though.
I believe that at this time in my life Satan could be my favorite Metal band...and that is saying a LOT. they're basically my age, and their still doing what they do at an extremely high level.

Hey guys, thanks. Going as good as they possibly could, I guess.
Funny thing is, I downloaded some dog barking sound effects and played them through a Bluetooth speaker in an attempt to intimidate Yippy. I used some big dogs (Dingos and a Pitbull), but the effect only lasted a short time. Then back to yip-city. Now the dog has stopped, but the people are partying...

Another Buffalo Boy! (Billy Sheehan).

GJ

Awww man! Well wishing that you and yours are able to get some sleep.

Thanks Brian. I try to make it count when I post something. That said I have a lot of BS with me too. You'll know when I actually have something to say though.
I believe that at this time in my life Satan could be my favorite Metal band...and that is saying a LOT. they're basically my age, and their still doing what they do at an extremely high level.
I'd have to say mine would be Diamond Head. Arriving in Heathrow in 1983 jet lagged to hell I had to change terminals and was checking in my bags and got stuck in the line with these guys checking in all their guitars to somewhere in Germany for a tour with Black Sabbath. Am I Evil to post this little nugget?:D Not my greatest brush with rock royalty in that airport though

Well, without talking about other members set ups, I can say I got to see some serious cool gear tonight. Threshold amps, some cool cool stuff. Got to talk audio for a good while, really had a good time.

Ok some pix:

IMG_4095.JPG IMG_4096.JPG IMG_4097.JPG IMG_4098.JPG

Playing now:

IMG_4099.PNG

Cabinets are slightly dry and have some sun fade... give me a few days and this set will look new. I gave up the 4401s for the DM12s. I have always like the DM12s, I'm excited to get to work on them. :)

Well, without talking about other members set ups, I can say I got to see some serious cool gear tonight. Threshold amps, some cool cool stuff. Got to talk audio for a good while, really had a good time.

Ok some pix:

View attachment 1167568 View attachment 1167569 View attachment 1167570 View attachment 1167571

Playing now:

View attachment 1167573

Cabinets are slightly dry and have some sun fade... give me a few days and this set will look new. I gave up the 4401s for the DM12s. I have always like the DM12s, I'm excited to get to work on them. :)
Those are lovely little speakers. I'm sure you'll get them back to spec

Ok some pix:

View attachment 1167568 View attachment 1167569 View attachment 1167570 View attachment 1167571

Playing now:

View attachment 1167573

These are so beautiful!! Glad you got em!
Like I said to Fuzz if I was your neighbor I would bother you all the time just to listen to your speakers!!

I'd have to say mine would be Diamond Head. Arriving in Heathrow in 1983 jet lagged to hell I had to change terminals and was checking in my bags and got stuck in the line with these guys checking in all their guitars to somewhere in Germany for a tour with Black Sabbath. Am I Evil to post this little nugget?:D Not my greatest brush with rock royalty in that airport though
Nice story.
I love Diamond Head. They're Borrowed Time album is where my wife and I meet in the middle in regards to my music. She loves Brian Tatler's guitar and Sean Harris's voice on this album.
001.jpg

Last edited:
Oooooooo!!!! These look awessssommmmmme!!!!:thumbsup: I bet they are fantastic and don't need anything. Congrats John!

Thanks Brian,

They are a little dry, but overall in great shape. All the veneer is is in great shape, it's oak, and the quality is nice. They are crazy heavy.... consecutive serial numbers. I don't have speaker wire that I can test them out right now, but I'll have them up tomorrow. Kinda saving them for a good listen.

IMG_4101.JPG

And made in England.

The DM7 may be in the set up, need to think about it for now.

They look perfect to me. Do they need the full @jobrewer1983 treatment?

lol I think a good Oil, and wax will bring them back. I'm may order some new caps, but not really a must for now. This is a personal want, not a project set. So like the 26, they will be used and slowely brought back to new. What I need to do is take a day off work and knocked out the KD550, 26 crossovers, and power supply for the LinnAxis. just so busy lately the weekends don't lend me much time for audio. :)

Back
Top Bottom