Spendor SP 3/1 vs Dynaco a25

I had the Dynaco a25, it was nice but cheaply made. I sold it for a profit. I have the Spendor SP3/1 now and it is very musical, something about the way the cabinets are made that made them sound so good. It's a keeper. I hope that helps.

Thanks for the reply James. Interesting your opinion that they are cheaply made. The Spendor cabs are apparently solid wood.

Thank you botrytis. It is at this time a moot point for me as I opted for some ADS l710 which were beautifully restored. The veneer on the ADS is thicker than on the Dynaco but it looks like a very thick MDF. Drivers are probably a little higher quality. Nice metal screen grills in perfect condtion after some expert soft hammering. Thanks again for the info.

The cabs for the ADS L710 are walnut veneer over extra high density particle particle board. With solid walnut facial borders. I wonder if that extra high density particle board had to be special ordered. Looked up the images to see a comparison between MDF and particle board. Contrast is easy to determine. Makes me appreciate my former 60's vintage AR 3a's which were plywood base. Spendor's being a plywood base as well.

Back
Top Bottom