My wife !!!!!!

my wife doesn't share my audio addiction but doesn't get upset when I make big purchases . I was talking to her and told her I couldn't make up my mind between a Schiit gungnir multibit dac $1,249 or a Technics SL-1200GR Turntable $1,699 she said well why don't you just get both.
:eek2:
My wife would say the same to me . She bought my a Jim Smith room play reference session last year for my birthday .

Very cool. When I was dithering about my last speaker purchase and the dealer made me an offer “I couldn’t refuse”... about 10%+ above my ceiling price for the next model up and she said, “Why not? It’s your birthday!” And I have them to this day.

She also left me gobsmacked when she bought large screen tv, sat system and component stand years back as well.

:eek2:
They can certainly surprise you at times... :thumbsup:

My wife asked for an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner for her birthday (our birthdays are on consecutive days). I said, how about we just get one big enough to also clean records - and she said that was a good idea :thumbsup:

I bought my wife a 2003 Mazda Miata MX5 for all her understanding over the years. My only regret is that she sits right next to my SX - 1250 and cannot come up with the chops to figure how to use it. She is as happy as could be with her $10 Sony headsets and her computer. She also does not have the chops to use the Stax headset. She came from a very traditional Swedish household where the girls cooked, cleaned, and washed dishes. She does this for me and won't let me try to help. I am the chief chef and she does the washing. It all works out here and we are grateful for each other.

My wife asked for an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner for her birthday (our birthdays are on consecutive days). I said, how about we just get one big enough to also clean records - and she said that was a good idea :thumbsup:
Ya know, that just might work for me! :idea:

My wife is very understanding! She understands, I could be into a super expensive hobby that take me out the house. I have always respected her (ears) opinion. Recently I changed out a cartridge, Denon DP-103r to a AT-14sa, I asked her what she thought. Long story short, she is now into vinyl and we spend hours together searching the bins for used vinyl.

Back
Top Bottom