managed to crash my car today

petehall347

the brandy coffee man
nobody was hurt . was only doing 5mph when he stopped in front of me suddenly for no reason . broken bumper . smashed headlight . slam panel and bent bonnet ... hardly scratched his . mines a ford mondeo estate 1996 ..his is a
JAGUAR F-PACE V6 S AWD D AUTO 2017
20180425_162035.jpg 20180425_143924.jpg 20180425_162035.jpg 20180425_143924.jpg

Last edited:
glad you're ok. sure as hell doesn't look like any Jag I'm accustomed to.

636337287588523662BH.jpg
his looks like this one .

am fine ..just hurt at the fact i did it and now have to repair my car .. 6 hours driving for parts tomorrow . then 4 hours and Friday . then i will still need a bonnet . only one i can find right now is 8 hours driving time .

Pete, glad you are OK. Just make sure that the report (police?) states what happened, and then stick to that initial story throughout your dealing with this situation.

Was the driver on the phone?
no idea as i wasn't in his car .. think he had hands free anyway
i hit the back of his car so deemed as my fault . no idea why he stopped liked he did . we had set off onto the roundabout .no traffic approaching . i didn't see his brake lamps . maybe they are not working . still my fault .

just realised his car is one of those that stops the engine when in traffic . i guess his engine stopped and stopped the car dead .

You could try a bumper repair kit.Though my damage was minor I repaired a broken fender flare and you cant tell atall that it was ever ripped up.You might need a couple of kits but it should be muck cheaper than a new or used bumper covering?

You could try a bumper repair kit.Though my damage was minor I repaired a broken fender flare and you cant tell atall that it was ever ripped up.You might need a couple of kits but it should be muck cheaper than a new or used bumper covering?
used bumper £20 so no problem its the logistics of it all .. i could have fixed the car in break times at places i know .one being my brothers . need bumper first but cant get until Friday . need this car running everyday . or i have to put fuel in a borrowed car .

one thing struck out from it all . i gave him my phone number and as soon as he put it in his phone told him my occupation .. i said how the hell did that happen and he was as shocked as i was ..... the car isnt that bad as it happens .. everyone is ok . just in shock and trying to sort it out

I backed into a Jaguar 15 years or so ago. He was backing and stopped I kept backing as I did not see him. I put a rub on the rubber bumper shield. It was $400+. I look more backing up now. Sorry about your accident.

In the USA that is a multimillion dollar, 8 year lawsuit....

so what is a mondeo akin to here?

I know where you can get some squarebody suburbans to drive...guarantee you are the winner in all future disputes.

Tailgating?
no . was at a roundabout . he set off nothing coming so i set off then he stopped suddenly for no apparent reason and i kept going right into his rear . i had glanced to my right to check for traffic turned back to see his car rapidly coming up . i didn't have chance to brake before i hit it . its the first time its ever happened i started driving about 40 years ago .

So if he didn't hit the brake pedal, it sounds to me like his car malfunctioned, and that shouldn't be your fault.

Back
Top Bottom