Report Problems with Ads Here!

The Chaturbate.com redirect is adware on "Your" computer. Weather you got it from an ad on AK I don't know, but it won't go away unless it is removed from your computer.

Removal instructions: http://www.virusresearch.org/remove-chaturbate-com-redirect-virus/

" Can’t Remove Chaturbate.com redirect? This page includes detailed Chaturbate.com Removal instructions!
Do you get redirected to a weird website called Chaturbate.com? Then you have to locate and uninstall a certain adware-type infection. Yes, there is a virus on your computer system. Adware causes your browsers to redirect you and brings along irritating, stubborn pop-up ads. In other words, there’s a reason why adware-type programs are considered to be the most annoying type of viruses. These parasites take over your default browser settings. Before you know it, you end up stuck with the chaturbate.com domain and its pop-ups. Keep in mind that this is nothing but a website. The real threat here is the adware infection which has already been downloaded. It is currently hiding somewhere on your device wreaking havoc as we speak. As you could imagine, ignoring such a secretive piece of malware is a mistake. Instead of allowing the virus to exhibit its full malicious potential, get rid of the intruder. The more time a virus manages to spend on board, the more dangerous it becomes. Therefore, you have to take immediate action and delete the parasite. Do not allow one already bad situation to become terrible. Once your computer gets infected, it starts modifying your browser settings. You are yet to see just how problematic adware could be. This seemingly harmless adware-type parasite is more than capable of causing you damage. It adds an extension/plugin to your browsers. By doing so, the virus injects your once reliable browsers with sponsored pop-ups. That’s how the endless chaturbate.com ads appeared in your life. Apart from being extremely stubborn and intrusive, the ads are also unsafe. There is no such thing as a trustworthy commercial that gets generated by a PC infection. All these commercials actually help hackers gain profit through the pay-per-click mechanism. That means you become a sponsor of crooks by clicking their ads open. Are you willing to participate in their nasty monetizing schemes, though? Clicking any of the chaturbate.com pop-ups could cause you further harm. If you open the wrong ad, you may accidentally install a whole bunch of new infections. Thanks to the adware program, your PC screen is covered in corrupted commercials. You might also come across some perfectly harmless ones as well. Unfortunately, there is no telling which is which unless you click."

The Chaturbate.com redirect is adware on "Your" computer.

Curious...If it's 'on my computer', why doesn't it show up on 'any' of the other websites I visit?

When I first got the redirect in February, I stayed off AK for over a week and visited other websites I am a member of such as Audio Asylum and Audiogon with no problem. Even started visiting Steve Hoffman and still no problem. In the last week I was here every day and no redirect until yesterday.

I'm far from a computer expert but I don't click on links or ads. The only thing I click on is someones photo if I want it enlarged.

I know AK is working on it and hope it's something they can fix.

Curious...If it's 'on my computer', why doesn't it show up on 'any' of the other websites I visit?

:dunno: I've had my browser hijacked before, it gave me bogus results every time, it didn't mater ware I went, I don't know why it would only happen to you on AK.
I was just sharing what I read about the Chaturbate.com redirect. I'm curious to know why it's not happening to all of us?

index.php

I check cookies often now. I see the Chaturbate one every once in awhile while on AK. I remove it when I see it. I can't block cookies as AK won't let you log in without them.

Twice in two weeks,
while looking at the 'off topics ' section,
Page was overtaken to 'apple' promos, none of which had apple web addresses.
Eg:
You've been selected to win a phone.
As a valued apple customer..... blah blah blah.

I use an Oppo A77,
inbuilt browser,
avast running always.

Cheers, Timo.

The second one when you said "two weeks" were you referring to the same day of posting?

The section you were looking at is likely just a co-incidence, these types of re-directs we know exactly what they are and put up a pretty substantial net to catch them. The problem is, this is basically the modern version of forum spam... Every time you finally block it, the bad actors come up with a new way to sneak through. Programmatic advertising is the same way, where even Google lets the occasional "bad ad" sneak through before catching it.

What we can do is mitigate 99.5% of it if we have proactive people like you pointing it out! Thank you very much, please let me know if you see another one!

I check cookies often now. I see the Chaturbate one every once in awhile while on AK. I remove it when I see it. I can't block cookies as AK won't let you log in without them.

The one thing that I have certainly figured out is that the Chaturbate issue and the issue of the regular types of ads are not related. There is something going on which is causing the Charturbate thing, and its a very limited number of people seeing it.

I'm going to PM you for some more info... would like to get to the bottom of this one!

The second one when you said "two weeks" were you referring to the same day of posting?

The section you were looking at is likely just a co-incidence, these types of re-directs we know exactly what they are and put up a pretty substantial net to catch them. The problem is, this is basically the modern version of forum spam... Every time you finally block it, the bad actors come up with a new way to sneak through. Programmatic advertising is the same way, where even Google lets the occasional "bad ad" sneak through before catching it.

What we can do is mitigate 99.5% of it if we have proactive people like you pointing it out! Thank you very much, please let me know if you see another one!

The one thing that I have certainly figured out is that the Chaturbate issue and the issue of the regular types of ads are not related. There is something going on which is causing the Charturbate thing, and its a very limited number of people seeing it.

I'm going to PM you for some more info... would like to get to the bottom of this one!
As of the day of that post,
First was 2 weeks earlier, second was on the day of that post,
Haven't seen any since then.

As of the day of that post,
First was 2 weeks earlier, second was on the day of that post,
Haven't seen any since then.

Ok, thanks a ton. That is a new attack which snuck through, benign in nature but super annoying. Really sorry about that. :(

We've pushed out a couple of security tweaks, hopefully that is the end of it for you!

timofred message:

Pop ups from "apple"
Recently, last two weeks, I have had sites from apple overtake my phone, only while viewing the off topic forum.
It's only happening on my phone, not PC, phone is an Oppo A77, Android 6.0
Inbuilt web browser, not sure of its name, but it's not google, chrome, or Firefox.

I've had the chaturbate problem but not lately.
Currently, half the threads I read, when I go to one, it will display for a second or less, then transforms to a black and white display with colored photos if present.
Wouldn't be so much a problem except the rest of the thread isn't accessible, (or at least that page of it; I'll re-check, but I think sometimes I can work back the pages, but the page with the altered display only shows that singular post. This completely ruins the site! Especially if reading a listing in B T that has piqued my interest!
When I clicked on this link, it does it:Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 8.15.36 PM.png
Notice that the web address info changes: on the left, the glyph for text (black rectangle with several full white lines and partial last line) and on the right, no more circular arrow (refresh) but now this: AA

This is totally crazy! I couldn’t get it any of my posts or read them and that problem kept coming up until I went to my cell phone where everything is displayed. Then I want to post something and find out I’m not logged in, WTF? So I login and I can’t get into anything or I should say anything I try to get into turns into the black and white nonsense with no Way to communicate!
BUt on my phone I found a K open in another folder and I am posting from here. I’ll bet this folder preceeds when I had the problem of logging in with you EARNIE and I worked out On the 20th. I think that’s when this new problem started and my hunches once I post this I won’t be able to go back to it because I’ll get the black and white nonsense

I went back into the report problem ads thing on my iMac, and soon as I click on your end of it it goes up in smoke and turned into The black-and-white you can’t get out here box

Yes, I can’t get into either end of the report problem as a here thread without emily being stuck in the white box. Also I started a “new thread because something is screwy with my post about a problem”
Can’t get it to that either on the computer.

I hunch this is working only because I opened it before I had the membership issue around the 20th or a few days before that at which time EARNIE through some circuitous solution got me to get my membership back and back on the forums. This must’ve been the genesis of this new ****ed up problem!
I must’ve logged into this one before the problem with the membership around the 17th through the 20th
Maybe EARNIE will see this and chime in. I wonder if the Root problem has to do with the membership and that is what is screwing the pooch now. Unfortunately I don’t know jack about computers so I need help

Last edited:
I've had the chaturbate problem but not lately.
Currently, half the threads I read, when I go to one, it will display for a second or less, then transforms to a black and white display with colored photos if present.
Wouldn't be so much a problem except the rest of the thread isn't accessible, (or at least that page of it; I'll re-check, but I think sometimes I can work back the pages, but the page with the altered display only shows that singular post. This completely ruins the site! Especially if reading a listing in B T that has piqued my interest!
When I clicked on this link, it does it:View attachment 1172410
Notice that the web address info changes: on the left, the glyph for text (black rectangle with several full white lines and partial last line) and on the right, no more circular arrow (refresh) but now this: AA

I'm a little confused, what is that screen shot of? Is that your Safari browser displaying the site?

I'm a little confused, what is that screen shot of? Is that your Safari browser displaying the site?
Absolutely! The screen turns into this simple display in black and white with no extraneous things just the text from the post and pictures of her pictures or I guess screenshots. But this is a screenshot of my computer big enough to show all the programs on the bottom and all the websites at the top. Note that the update spiral arrow in the right side of the address for now has become an AA
When he does this I can’t see any other part of the post because it just goes back to that single post
I am posting this from my iPhone. I believe that because this was logged in before I had a problem with my membership, that is Skip whatever is infecting the site with me

Only on phone Samsung s7
Today a winner free gift card thing.
Never on computer.
I think it happened once this morning .
Hitting back button brought me back where I was and it didn't come back up

Advally determined what code was launching the chaturbate redirects. It has been removed.

Glad to help!

Everyone just needs to make sure the reports of funny stuff they see keep rolling in. When we get reports and get information, we can figure this stuff out!

Grooving to this right now, thanks. :)

Only on phone Samsung s7
Today a winner free gift card thing.
Never on computer.
I think it happened once this morning .
Hitting back button brought me back where I was and it didn't come back up

Were you on Chrome, or another browser?

Back
Top Bottom