What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Got it. Talk about a wall of sound!!
Well this was the wall of sound, when I got two pairs of MLs, talk about holographic.
IMG_3083.JPG

But I could no longer reach around behind the speakers and get to my sub so that made me rearrange.

IMG_3113.JPG

Changing this table base :yikes:

IMG_3116.JPG IMG_3117.JPG

My computer system:rflmao:

IMG_3343.JPG

But as always it's a never ending process of pushing different speakers in and out and this is not the configuration anymore.

Well this was the wall of sound, when I got two pairs of MLs, talk about holographic.
View attachment 1174277

But I could no longer reach around behind the speakers and get to my sub so that made me rearrange.

View attachment 1174283

View attachment 1174287 View attachment 1174288

View attachment 1174292

But as always it's a never ending process of pushing different speakers in and out and this is not the configuration anymore.
I remember the computer off against the window. Looking good. And will have to get down there and shop. Have never heard any Stat speakers. On my bucket list!!

I remember the computer off against the window. Looking good. And will have to get down there and shop. Have never heard any Stat speakers. On my bucket list!!
It's back there again, but usually around tax time is when it ends up there.

Here is the VAC 100 watt tube mono blocks driving one pair of MLs and bi-wired off the 2ohms and 4ohm taps. Take note of me walking around in the room, the beginning and end of the clip is the sweet spot but the whole room sounds good really. A conventional speaker would have sounded a lot more directional as I was close to either side. The E-Stats bounce off walls in all different directions and sound more even.

The funny thing is I had the ML Sequel IIs before the amps and here is the owners manual for the amps.

A Word About Impedance Matching
We strongly suggest that you experiment with the three available impedance connections for the best sonic match with your system. Since no loudspeaker represents an unchanging impedance at all frequencies, it is impossible to assert with certainty which output tap is appropriate to use. In many systems an amazing difference in sound will exist between the various impedance taps. You should consider the output impedance markings on your VAC Power Amplifier as follows:

"8 ohms" matches loads between 4 ohms and 8 ohms
"4 ohms" matches loads between 2 ohms and 4 ohms
"2 ohms" matches loads between 1 ohm and 2 ohms

Most loudspeakers vary outside of any one of these ranges, which is why experimentation is essential. We often find that matching a speaker's minimum impedance is more important than matching its nominal (average) impedance. If you bi-wire your system (run separate speaker leads from the amplifier to the high and low frequency transducers) you may discover that two different impedance taps work best. For example, with early Martin Logan Sequel II we find that the bass speaker is best matched with the 4 ohm tap, while the electrostatic panel is best controlled by the 2 ohm tap. To achieve this connection, the black leads of both speaker cables connect to "G", the red lead for the panel connects to "2", and the red lead for the woofer connects to "4". With later Sequels we use the 4 ohm connection for both drivers.

Last edited:
View attachment 1174280 View attachment 1174282
Afternoon folks,just back from busy town and weather turned cold so Smudge wont be budged.....:no:
Reasons for Floyd choosing the Kop chant?Wont go into detail but it has a lot to do with the history of the city.:idea:
Great timeless compilation:rockon:
Happy weekend to everyone:)
Love the AGA stove, always wanted one. Kitty staying warm next to it! Smart Kitty. Good afternoon John.

It's back there again, but usually around tax time is when it ends up there.

Here is the VAC 100 watt tube mono blocks driving one pair of MLs and bi-wired off the 2ohms and 4ohm taps. Take note of me walking around in the room, the beginning and end of the clip is the sweet spot but the whole room sounds good really. A conventional speaker would have sounded a lot more directional as I was close to either side. The E-Stats bounce off walls in all different directions and sound more even.

The funny thing is I had the ML Sequel IIs before the amps and here is the owners manual for the amps.

A Word About Impedance Matching
We strongly suggest that you experiment with the three available impedance connections for the best sonic match with your system. Since no loudspeaker represents an unchanging impedance at all frequencies, it is impossible to assert with certainty which output tap is appropriate to use. In many systems an amazing difference in sound will exist between the various impedance taps. You should consider the output impedance markings on your VAC Power Amplifier as follows:

"8 ohms" matches loads between 4 ohms and 8 ohms
"4 ohms" matches loads between 2 ohms and 4 ohms
"2 ohms" matches loads between 1 ohm and 2 ohms

Most loudspeakers vary outside of any one of these ranges, which is why experimentation is essential. We often find that matching a speaker's minimum impedance is more important than matching its nominal (average) impedance. If you bi-wire your system (run separate speaker leads from the amplifier to the high and low frequency transducers) you may discover that two different impedance taps work best. For example, with early Martin Logan Sequel II we find that the bass speaker is best matched with the 4 ohm tap, while the electrostatic panel is best controlled by the 2 ohm tap. To achieve this connection, the black leads of both speaker cables connect to "G", the red lead for the panel connects to "2", and the red lead for the woofer connects to "4". With later Sequels we use the 4 ohm connection for both drivers.
Sounds great. What lp was that?

View attachment 1174277

View attachment 1174283

View attachment 1174292

I actually dig the table.

View attachment 1174277

View attachment 1174283

View attachment 1174292

Wow!!!
:bowdown:

Back
Top Bottom