Lafayette LA-324a “50 Watt” Stereo amp purchased new at the local Lafayette store. I still use it every day on my work bench: if you look closely you can see it on the left side of the bench. I remember that the schematic called the audio selector a “Fanction Switch”. It was hand drawn and they hadn’t invented organic spell checkers yet.
087C7E07-6F90-45D3-932B-96F448449411.jpeg86DDB0CF-8D4E-4A16-A65F-FF60C31DF3D3.jpeg

Last edited:
Holding true to the question, my first amp was a Bogen mono tube unit. I think it was a DB-130 along with a matching tuner. Bought them at a church rummage sale for a couple bucks.

I've still got my original, and still use it often.

My brother purchased one in 78, I was with him and purchased the 7100 at the same time. Saw some D5 handles on eBay recently, much less expensive than the D7's, should make the KA3500 look awesome.

Too bad you missed out on these, that's half the price D7's go for, and those aren't NOS like these were. Almost bought them then an amp to match just because they were so cheap lol.

Screenshot_2018-05-05-21-04-32.png

had a Voice of Music 1448 - bought for a couple bucks from a buddies dad , a set of Olson 8" two ways - hand me down from an uncle , and a Garrard turntable - hand me down from my folks . that was in the mid 70's , all that's left now a days is the speaker cabinets (minus the drivers and grills) and one well chewed on knob (a puppy , maybe one of our kids when they were teething ?) from the 1448 .1448 1.jpg 55b.jpg IMG_4388.JPG

When I flew the coop at 19, the folks were moving and I "inherited" the old Hi Fi. It was a two piece Zenith circa '61, cool cobra tonearm and all. I do wish I still had it!

The first receiver I bought was a KLH 52, bought along with a pair of Janszen 210A speakers in '74 or so. Wish I had that set too, stolen in '78.

Last edited:
My first amp was Pioneer SA-1050 integrated, part of a Syscom packaged rack system.

pioneer_sa-1040.jpg

1972 ZENITH DIGILITE two plus two matrix. And here it is, still. Weighing in at eight pounds, five watts. Sounding just as lite as the day I bought it in the eight grade. I run it for a few minutes every month or so. The four matching Allegro speakers systematically fell apart over the years.
I'm glad I didn't trash it.

Attachments

• P5060004.JPG
    P5060004.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 12
A mono Bell & Howell I got from my uncle, along with a JBL low-boy speaker and a VM record player. I have no idea what the model numbers were, but I sure wish I had kept the JBL speaker as it had the LE8T full range driver in it.

Kenwood KA-3500 integrated. Purchased new in 1977. Great little amp; served me well for nearly 30 years.

I went from a Pioneer xs-424 to a Kenwood KA 8004. I had it for 30 years before it died in my shop system.

The very first one I ever purchased myself was a Sansui 210 back in I believe 1971.
Sadly it got lost somewhere along the way because I don't even remember what ever became of it.

Sansui 210 receiver.jpg

Back
Top Bottom