Yamaha PF-800

I have read that the tonearm weighs 11 grams (which is low to mid weight). I have read that the ADC XLM MkII works well (the integrated model would be ideal).

Welcome to the AK turn table forum.

What you have read may be incorrect:

Integra-1.jpg

1705228-yamaha-pf800-turntable-with-original-mc705-cartridge.jpg

The two may not fit together too well. :idea:

..And if you believe Yamaha engineers.. (from a sales brochure).

YAMAHA TONEARM PERFORMANCE DESIGN HIGHLIGHTS (PF-800/PF1000)
• The tonearm has been designed so that its mass and resonance provide optimum performance over a broad range of cartridges.
• The tonearm is engineered to damp out all spurious resonance and to minimize its fundamental resonance as much as possible (a small amount of resonance must remain).
• The Yamaha tonearm has been designed so that its resonance (a value that takes tonearm/cartridge mass and compliance into account) would be extremely close in tolerance of 12 Hz thereby minimizing the effects of tonearm resonance on the music signal.
• Specially designed dampers are utilized at critical connection surfaces to form a dynamic damping system that isolates the cartridge from vibrations transmitted via the tonearm.
• The headshell is constructed from a carbon fiber resin that provides exceptional dampening and hum rejection.

I ended up running the DL110. Working very nicely, though i dont use it much, should last me another 10 years at this rate. i have the spare headshell with at95e, but never use it.

What you have read may be incorrect: The two may not fit together too well.
This may or may not help, but it's at least minimally informative.
There were two ADC Integra headshells. The one you posted, which will of course not fit, and one that will fit the PF-800's arm:
ADC ST Integra wXLM-II stylus.jpg
Note that the flat is on the top, but the pins and sockets all correspond. To insert, back out the setscrew nearly all the way, insert, then tighten the setscrew.
Yamaha also made a p-mount headshell for this series of turntables; I use it on my non-Yamaha straight-arm tables. This would be an ideal setup for high-quality p-mount cartridges, which are still available, though hunting may be required.

This may or may not help, but it's at least minimally informative.
There were two ADC Integra headshells. The one you posted, which will of course not fit, and one that will fit the PF-800's arm:
View attachment 1186407
Note that the flat is on the top, but the pins and sockets all correspond. To insert, back out the setscrew nearly all the way, insert, then tighten the setscrew.
Yamaha also made a p-mount headshell for this series of turntables; I use it on my non-Yamaha straight-arm tables. This would be an ideal setup for high-quality p-mount cartridges, which are still available, though hunting may be required.

Here are some images of of the Yamaha PF-800 headshells:
post-143154-0-39637900-1428209405.jpg

images

5189965848d6b69833c4d077a670

Not sure if I would try using either version of the ADC integra headshell/cartridge.........:dunno:

Last edited:
Not sure if I would try using either version of the ADC integra headshell/cartridge.........
Then you are probably not going to want to use the p-mount headshell Yamaha made for this turntable, either. Your choice.
1.JPG

Then you are probably not going to want to use the p-mount headshell Yamaha made for this turntable, either. Your choice.

My was a used one, did not come with Pmount headshell. :no:

Will try to find one in the future.

Much thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup:

You're welcome! I should have said "that Yamaha made for this type of arm". I don't know that it was ever included with the PF-800 specifically. It was included with the PF-50, which uses the same connector for its single arm tube.

I know this post is a few months old.. I also have a Pf 800 and absolutely adore it. My headshell has the same sticking problem to the point where I’ve almost go in up on switching them out. What methods would you guys recommend to lube the headshell shaft safely(that sounds horrible)? I’ve run both the Grace dl9 and the Shure v15mkiv and both sound incredible on this table. I’m running a Marantz 3200 pre into a Pilot sa 260 power going out to Bozak Concert Grands.

Back
Top Bottom